HAs anyone been rejected from NYMC yet?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocean11

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all....... havn't heard from NYMC in ages...... have they sent rejections out yet?!?

just wondering if I'm on hold or what.......

Members don't see this ad.

Nothing here either. A waste of my $100. +pissed+

me neither. nothing post-secondary. they have a status page that hasn't changed in months, and they're not too nice over the phone: "just check the status page online!!" thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in that boat, too. Nothing post-secondary. It's quite annoying.

same boat here...i really want to go here...but nothing post-secondary and i'm getting worried here...:scared:

Originally posted by subtle1epiphany
same boat here...i really want to go here...but nothing post-secondary and i'm getting worried here...:scared:

FWIW, they do tend to interview into spring. Have you people tried to send them an update/letter of interest?

sent one a month ago, they've recieved it, but still no word...

I'VE BEEN REJECTED BY THEM AS OF 2 DAYS AGO!!!

YAY YAY YAY

:clap: :clap: :clap: +pity+

I completed my application there on Jan 26th and now i'm interviewing this coming tuesday...it has been my quickest interview call..but i heard they take forever to reply post-interview..so maybe they do that for post-secondary as well...

Originally posted by DoHzA
I'VE BEEN REJECTED BY THEM AS OF 2 DAYS AGO!!!

was this post-secondary or post-interview? email or snail mail?

post check clearin snail mail

I interviewed there early Jan but I haven't heard anything back yet. Did anyone else that interviewed around that time hear anything yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
i just got accepted to nymc today. i interviewed there on 12/15.

first acceptance!!

contratulations pardes.....i'm still waiting for my first acceptance...*fingers crossed*
but good for u
:clap: :clap:

congrats, padres248!!! :clap:

i interviewed in nov. got waitlisted early last month.

but my status page says "final decision mailed" as of last week.

is 'waitlisted' considered a 'final decision'? :confused: strangeness.

but yay! for you padres248! time to party! :hardy:

thanks a lot guys!! this was a long time coming. any good ideas for what I should do tonight?

Originally posted by Padres248
thanks a lot guys!! this was a long time coming. any good ideas for what I should do tonight?

Drink? And then drink some more? That's what I'd do. But then, I've never been known to wait for a special occasion. :hardy:

Congratulations! :)

Just got my interview invite, should be interesting, I'm calling them now but I wonder if these interviews are for the waitlist positions?

Hmmmmmmm interesting, never been to New York...

yeah i got one too yesterday...i thought i was no longer in the mix. i am not going though...

Hi Bearpaw how come?

You got in somewere else?

Get Back

Ocean11

hey ocean 11 and bearpaw, mind sharing your stats? thanks

ocean11, i thought you are goign to Finch.

YES, I got into Finch and love the school, but I also got an interview to NYMC, I thought it would be interesting to see NY city and what their school is like.

It's OK if you don't hear from NYMC for a long time, they say they typically take at least 10 weeks to get back to you. I'm a grad student here and I talked to a prof on the adcom and she said they meet infrequently, which is probably why there's such a hold up. That's pretty inconsiderate, especially considering they interview mostly in the spring b/c of a late AMCAS deadline. It's my first choice, I love the school, but I just interviewed and a rejection in July doesn't leave much time to move to go to another school (not to mention losing those place-holding checks). So now I have to decide whether to look for an apartment and plan to move or to wait by the mailbox...

Originally posted by ocean11
Just got my interview invite, should be interesting, I'm calling them now but I wonder if these interviews are for the waitlist positions?

Hmmmmmmm interesting, never been to New York...

prolly not. they are known to still accept students even through april. they have lots of waitlist movement as well so even if you did get placed on the waitlist you should still have a decent shot at getting in.