Has anyone dropped an F bomb during an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brick

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have restrained myself but I was just wondering if anyone said something during their interview that they immediately regreted and i mean something bad like cursing or offensive not missing some fact about their application or where they applied or something about the school.

Members don't see this ad.

For myself, the F bomb is not circulating around in my brain jumping at any chance to escape... I usually have to make a conscious effort when I want to use it.

Members don't see this ad :)
i drop the H-bomb all the time and am amazed when people get shocked that i use it frequently (just in everyday convo only ofcourse).

Robizzle said:
i drop the H-bomb all the time and am amazed when people get shocked that i use it frequently (just in everyday convo only ofcourse).

Yes, I too nuke randomly in daily conversations. Some people don't like it, but I say they're just cramping my style.

At my HMS interview, my interviewer started talking about her church, and I instinctively shouted, "f*ck jesus and his mommy too!" She was impressed by my boldness, and we ended up making out for the next half hour. I was subsequently accepted with a full scholarship.

Conclusion: The F-bomb shows balls. Use it liberally.

megboo said:
swearing = small vocabulary?

Some people swear, others don't. There's no reason to think that you are better than someone else because you choose to speak differently.

Besides, what immediately comes to mind when you have to pay $60.00 for a tank of gas? "Oh goodie gumdrops"...I think not. If you think it, you might as well say it.

Natural Light said:
Besides, what immediately comes to mind when you have to pay $60.00 for a tank of gas?

i'm thinking "oh man, valero better declare a FAT dividend this quarter..."

seriously though, at my first interview I started randomly talking to myself (in retrospect it seemed pretty crazy!). when the interviewer asked what i was mumbling, i was like "no im just talking to myself, never mind." i was rejected shortly after...

Callogician said:
At my HMS interview, my interviewer started talking about her church, and I instinctively shouted, "f*ck jesus and his mommy too!" She was impressed by my boldness, and we ended up making out for the next half hour. I was subsequently accepted with a full scholarship.

Do you ever make a funny comment? Your attempts at humor are just soooo pitiful. I suggest you 1) stop trying 2) take down that red headed step child ugly ass avatar picture. :sleep:

narc said:
Do you ever make a funny comment? Your attempts at humor are just soooo pitiful. I suggest you 1) stop trying 2) take down that red headed step child ugly ass avatar picture. :sleep:

I thought it was funny. But not as funny as watching you pick pathetic fights on SDN. As long as they're not against me.

dopaminesurge said:
I thought it was funny. But not as funny as watching you pick pathetic fights on SDN. As long as they're not against me.

Not picking fights actually. Dont you have some cuticles you need go wrap in Band-Aids? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
narc said:
Not picking fights actually. Dont you have some cuticles you need go wrap in Band-Aids? :rolleyes:
Nah. I'm biting liberally now that I'm back from Ethiopia. ;)

narc said:

haha...i completely agree with you.

Brick said:
I have restrained myself but I was just wondering if anyone said something during their interview that they immediately regreted and i mean something bad like cursing or offensive not missing some fact about their application or where they applied or something about the school.
No.

Natural Light said:
Some people swear, others don't. There's no reason to think that you are better than someone else because you choose to speak differently.

Besides, what immediately comes to mind when you have to pay $60.00 for a tank of gas? "Oh goodie gumdrops"...I think not. If you think it, you might as well say it.

blah blah blah. How did my post imply that I think I'm better than someone else because I choose to think differently???

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :smuggrin:

Callogician said:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hilarious :thumbup:

haha...anyone ever watch HBO's Deadwood???

you would be expected to swear at an interview for admission to the the Deadwood School of Medicine.

Callogician said:

Sounds like the OC approach. I approve :^)

You know, that's a great way to keep open spots at your top choice - encourage all to swear like a sailor ;)

Seriously, if I were a gunner, I'd encourage it.

dopaminesurge said:

Haha Agreed with Narc...I wonder why dopaminesurge thought it was funny :rolleyes:

Callogician said:

This kind of stupid ranting aggravates me. :smuggrin: :thumbdown:

Brick said:

twice

I doubt that refraining from dropping the f bomb is an arduous task, but you would be surprised how often people stick their foot in their mouth and practically digest it by the time they realize what they are saying.

I highly encourage that you do a practice interview and tape record yourself while doing so just so you can offset any red flags you might be waving.
-Dr. P.

instigata said:
Haha Agreed with Narc...

This is the second time I've posted in defense of call's humor. Yeah, it's f'ed up, but I find it funny. To each his own I guess. I suppose he's abrasive at times and that sets off some SNDers...

megboo said:
swearing = small vocabulary?

Not necessarily..I am not a big fan of the f-bomb myself, however, I do use the s-word quite a bit...and I can't stand the h-bomb (I don't know why...). Anyways, to refute your point, my first-year English professor with about 4 advanced degrees swore more than most people I know and I'm pretty sure her vocabulary isn't small.

BozoSparky said:
haha...anyone ever watch HBO's Deadwood???

you would be expected to swear at an interview for admission to the the Deadwood School of Medicine.

hahahahaha, that is so true. And you would have to refer to the entire adcom as hoopleheads. The fin aid office would offer you the Al Sweringer Stipend of booze and p**sy in return.

Callogician said:

I thought it was a pretty funny comment, as long as you take it to be what it really is, a joke. I'll admit that I haven't been on SDN very long, but so far I've noticed that a lot of people on this forum tend to "one up" the other by attempting to look more professional or mature. Those of you who do this need to lighten up and do a little maturing of your own. Who doesn't curse every now and then in their everyday speech with friends? If you don't you then are not normal and certainly not "more mature". Seriously there's enough pressure on all of us already so stop being so critical of others.

narc said:

I totally concur...I basically said the same thing about one of his long winded attempts at a witty response that really had nothing to do with the original post in another thread after about 10 people told him how "hilarious" and "insightful" his post was- he didn't even use his big words properly! His posts are generally a waste of space as he doesn't say anything related to the OP and his attempts at satire are generally dumb.

Brick said:

Yeah, I told the interviewer to go **** herself! But its ok. I dont worry too much about it though because after the interview i followed the interviewer home and threatened to burn her house down if I didnt get in!

j/k obviously... :laugh:

megboo said:
blah blah blah. How did my post imply that I think I'm better than someone else because I choose to think differently???

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :smuggrin:

Yeah, you seem very mature and accepting of others. I don't know how I got that vibe.

I've yet to interview, so I certainly haven't (and I'm not much of a swearer, so I doubt the impulse will strike me). I did, however, have one friend last year who called his interviewer an idiot and told him to shut up, so he could properly respond to the interviewer's question. He was waitlisted, and subsequently accepted.

Try your darndest to drop "F" bombs during interviews. Frequently also.

emgirl said:
I totally concur...I basically said the same thing about one of his long winded attempts at a witty response that really had nothing to do with the original post in another thread after about 10 people told him how "hilarious" and "insightful" his post was- he didn't even use his big words properly! His posts are generally a waste of space as he doesn't say anything related to the OP and his attempts at satire are generally dumb.

You're referring to this thread: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=307135

1) Consult a dictionary, and you will find that my word usage is correct. You will also find that none of the words I use are rare or archaic. I learn words from books, so I only know common words. My posts come off as elitist because your vocabulary and reading comprehension skills are woefully underdeveloped. Read Kant or Nietzche translations, and then come back to me.

2) Criticizing humor and insight is silly. I get many positive reactions to my posts, so obviously some people enjoy reading them. If you don't, that's fine, but you don't have a monopoly on judgement because characteristics like humor and insight are subjective.

3) STFU NOOB!

megboo said:
Is that a picture of you as your avatar? Just curious, that's all.

Yeah, but now I'm shaved for chemo.

TZ200817200549683.jpg

Callogician said:

LOL!!!!! It´s like 3 minutes after I read this and I´m still laughing! :laugh:

narc said:

I think he's actually quite funny. And personally, I would not want to find myself on the other side of an argument against him - you underestimate his logic.

As for your second comment, that's just plain rude and childish. :thumbdown:

Wow. way to travel back in time. Be careful bringing up the dead....

Last edited by a moderator:
By F-Bomb u may Frick Right.... having an Scrubs moment maybe... I think frick can be excused.... :p

my interviewer droped the f bomb, he actuallyused it as a verb