Has Anyone Ever Withdrawn ALL acceptances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ApoK

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After receiving no aid whatsoever from a couple schools, an interesting thought crossed my mind. Why not just withdraw from every school and do something else with my life? I mean, there's a huge probability of ridiculously high debt with potentially lower salaries. While I don't have the cajones to act on it, I wonder if anyone else has/would...

lol, I know Jay Sean dropped out of med school to pursue a singing career. :laugh:, I wonder how many people thought they would eventually say "in retrospect, that was a pretty smart decision."

edit: I changed the title since people were thinking I was actually considering it...

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I bet there is some student out there willing to take your acceptance...go ahead!! :luck:

Like I said, I'm not going to. I wonder if anyone has stories of anyone who has (other than the one I started the thread off with)...

Members don't see this ad :)
go ahead, if its not for you then don't force yourself to do it

I think it would be pretty foolish to go that long in your pursuit of a career under some sort of assumption that you wouldn't go into massive loads of debt, despite all signs pointing to the contrary.

I do know a guy who turned down his only MD acceptance so he could reapply and try to get into a different school. It was a Texas school, so it's not like it was expensive.

i did it for vet school. i had withdrew all of my vet school acceptances and didn't go (without the slightest idea of what i was going to do instead). everyone thought i was nuts. on some level, i kind of did, too. exactly two years later, i am now getting ready to start med school and couldn't be more confident in my decision.

lol, I know Jay Sean dropped out of med school to pursue a singing career. :laugh:, I wonder how many people thought they would eventually say "in retrospect, that was a pretty smart decision."

Really?? LOL the "down" guy???