Has anyone experienced issues with AP courses?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessgreg

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello!

Currently filling out the 2017-2018 PTCAS application. Many schools have General Psychology as a prerequisite, and then often a second prerequisite will be another psychology/behavioral class. I took General Psychology as an AP class in high school. I put it in as an 'S' for satisfactory but obviously on the PTCAS transcript it comes up with a grade of 'None".

Because there is no grade given and this is an AP class should I be worried it won't be accepted? I have looked through the requirements for each school and have found nothing about advanced placements not being acceptable, however many do say the course can't be an applied course but I don't think that applies here.

Schools I'm applying to include UCF, UF, USF, UNF, and Nova Southeastern.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Just take the college level class just incase. Wouldn't hurt if you get accepted and they say you need to retake it and currently already doing it.

Hello!

Currently filling out the 2017-2018 PTCAS application. Many schools have General Psychology as a prerequisite, and then often a second prerequisite will be another psychology/behavioral class. I took General Psychology as an AP class in high school. I put it in as an 'S' for satisfactory but obviously on the PTCAS transcript it comes up with a grade of 'None".

Because there is no grade given and this is an AP class should I be worried it won't be accepted? I have looked through the requirements for each school and have found nothing about advanced placements not being acceptable, however many do say the course can't be an applied course but I don't think that applies here.

Schools I'm applying to include UCF, UF, USF, UNF, and Nova Southeastern.

Thanks!
Most schools accept AP credit, unless otherwise stated. For my AP courses I put 'test credit' and during transcript review designated that the course was AP. Now it shows a 'CR' next to the course, which I'm assuming means credit.

Just take the college level class just incase. Wouldn't hurt if you get accepted and they say you need to retake it and currently already doing it.
Thanks! I'll probably sign up for this Fall just to be sure but I just finished emailing schools directly in case I don't have to spend the extra money.