Has anyone failed COMLEX PE?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
That's the question, has anyone failed. Please, first hand knowledge only, not I heard of a guy in Michigan, blah blah blah.
And if anyone has failed how did you/they do it? Thanks for any help.

Members don't see this ad.

zao said:
I think they will tell which part of the PE you failed but not specifics. I actually didn't do OMT on the patient who asked for it b/c I couldn't remember how to do it:) and did only a seated exam on everyone else and passed. Oh yeah, I also forget to document the OMT i did do. How did i pass...??

zao, I'm curious which school you are from. Feel free to PM me if you don't want to post it.

i wish they did a better job on telling us how they figure out our grade. for example, how many points for each part of the soap note, how many points for our bed side manner, etc. how are you going to do better if you fail, if they don't even tell u why u failed.

zorro21 said:
i wish they did a better job on telling us how they figure out our grade. for example, how many points for each part of the soap note, how many points for our bed side manner, etc. how are you going to do better if you fail, if they don't even tell u why u failed.

Not to give them an excuse, but they probably have nothing to compare us to. I think for the written test they have years of scores to create a percentile. The fact that they don't provide a breakdown makes you wonder how they score it. I also wonder if whether or not you pass depends on who grades you?

Members don't see this ad :)
I passed. I didnt do OMT on everyone. Those that asked for it, got it. However, all the other patients I treated accordingly. If it was a medical "emergency" they didnt get OMT... they were admited to the hospital. If it was an educational encounter, no OMT. Physicals got a structural exam esp if they complained of a specific problem. Basically, if I did OMT I would tell the patient what I was doing, how I would do it and why I was performing a specific treatment as opposed to another. In the end, I gave them follow up instructions for further treatment and usually some drug to help them if the OMT was "ineffective".

I just took this stupid test today. I dont know how anyone can fail, but what a waste of $1000.

Did any of the LECOMers go back in the summer for the "review" for the PE?

I failed the f*$% Comlex PE - check it online today. I NEVER expected to see that! About 2 months ago, I heard that the test's validity has been in question, and that NBOME must fail 1 or 2 students in each session to maintain its validity. Has any one else failed the damn thing - and why? Also, can anyone else confirm the rumor regarding the tests validity? When I figure out why I failed, I'll post it immediately.