Has anyone got Interviews at Midwestern or UIC??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tai

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody interview at these two schools yet? What was your impression?

Members don't see this ad.

i applied at midwestern, hopefully we'll see. inshallah *crosses fingers*

Members don't see this ad :)
I did not interview this year, I don't plan to either. I dislike schools that use the color purple! (Can anyone catch the irony of that?)

Tai said:
Anybody interview at these two schools yet? What was your impression?

Hi Tai!

I interviewed at both Midwestern and UIC last year. I am currently a P1 at UIC now. So if you have any question or concern about either school's interview process, just ask.

Here's a little bit about both:

Midwestern- they really don't have a formal interview. They have what they call a "Campus Visit." Where they basically just want you to familiarize yourself with the school and everything. It was a complete waste of time. Oh and one other thing, they made us write an essay. I wouldn't worry about that too much though. Because the essay question I had to answer was, "What qualities do you look for in a friend?" Yeah, easy stuff!

UIC- They conduct a behavior-based interview. For instance, they will ask a question like, "Name a specific time you had to work in a team and what did you learn from that experience?" Things like that. It's a one-on-one interview. The key is to be as specific as possible. It was a pretty laid-back interview, so it wasn't bad at all. They also make you write an essay. That wasn't hard either.

Overall, neither one was that bad. Just be confident and everything will fall into place.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Side note- UIC probably won't be conducting any interviews until mid-March, during our Spring Break. So dont expect an invitation to interview until late Feb, early March. At least thats how they usually do it.

Thanks for your advice Chitowngryl! Sorry its taken me this long to give you a shout out.

I have a question about UIC. Do you know what kind of PCAT score they are looking for? Im a bit worried as I got an 82 composite score but my science GPA is about 3.85 and my pre-req GPA is 3.95. Will my lower PCAT score be trumped by my high grades and do you think I could get an interview there?

Thanks@

chitowngyrl said:
Hi Tai!

I interviewed at both Midwestern and UIC last year. I am currently a P1 at UIC now. So if you have any question or concern about either school's interview process, just ask.

Here's a little bit about both:

Midwestern- they really don't have a formal interview. They have what they call a "Campus Visit." Where they basically just want you to familiarize yourself with the school and everything. It was a complete waste of time. Oh and one other thing, they made us write an essay. I wouldn't worry about that too much though. Because the essay question I had to answer was, "What qualities do you look for in a friend?" Yeah, easy stuff!

UIC- They conduct a behavior-based interview. For instance, they will ask a question like, "Name a specific time you had to work in a team and what did you learn from that experience?" Things like that. It's a one-on-one interview. The key is to be as specific as possible. It was a pretty laid-back interview, so it wasn't bad at all. They also make you write an essay. That wasn't hard either.

Overall, neither one was that bad. Just be confident and everything will fall into place.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Side note- UIC probably won't be conducting any interviews until mid-March, during our Spring Break. So dont expect an invitation to interview until late Feb, early March. At least thats how they usually do it.

Tai said:
I have a question about UIC. Do you know what kind of PCAT score they are looking for? Im a bit worried as I got an 82 composite score but my science GPA is about 3.85 and my pre-req GPA is 3.95. Will my lower PCAT score be trumped by my high grades and do you think I could get an interview there?

Thanks@

Oh my Goodness!!! I'm pretty sure u have nothing to worry about

Tai said:
Thanks for your advice Chitowngryl! Sorry its taken me this long to give you a shout out.

Thanks@
Geez lou-eez!! Worry?!? Ur stats are excellent! I'm sure u'll get in. Dont worry so much over nothin ;)