has anyone heard from howard?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

calbears84

professional baller
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
i submitted my amcas way back in june and i haven't received a secondary application from Howard!!! Has anyone received a secondary application from Howard?

Members don't see this ad.

Nah, but I heard that they were really slack about the whole process.

I remember reading somewhere that they were still interviewing people as late as July and August of this year for the 2002 people.

hey,
i actually called howard admissions last week and the lady said that they were just now sending out their apps. frustrating isn't it? do you all know if their deadline is still dec 15th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I got my secondary from howard about 2 weeks ago already and along with it came a request for an interview. So I was definitely happy about that. But yea, they were the last secondary I received so they take forever. Good luck everyone.

my eyes,
congrats! but how did you get a secondary 2 weeks ago, and the lady (admissions) said they are just now sending them?

She was lying to you. lol Nah I'm kidding. My letter was stamped with Sep 27th and they sent it out the next day i believe. And I was surprised to get the interview invite along with it because my Aug scores hadnt been received yet. Guess I got lucky.

I am a first year at Howard. I've noticed interviewees since last week on campus. Be patient with the administration because they can be very slow. Good luck to everyone who wants to go to Howard. It's a good school and most of the students here are happy being here.

I also heard that Howard adcoms are very slack. My friend applied last year, and just now her rejection letter in like October, I mean hello, it's not like she was going to attend ne way.

Also, they lost her application and her deposit:rolleyes: Call and make sure all of your stuff is there, even though they say not to call or e mail.

Originally posted by calbears84
i submitted my amcas way back in june and i haven't received a secondary application from Howard!!! Has anyone received a secondary application from Howard?

I've received 2 secondary applications from Howard. I got the first one a few weeks ago along with an interview invitation. I sent it in along with a self addressed stamped card that they sent back to me when they received everything. Apparently, the same day they got all my secondary materials they decided to send me another secondary app, 'cause they're both stamped with the same date on them.

Also, when I first called Howard to tell them which date I wanted my interview, the person taking my request forgot to schedule it. Fortunately I called back to switch dates and we realized that the first date had never been scheduled in the first place.

I heard rumors that Howard was kind of disorganized with their admissions process and now I'm a believer. Good luck to all.

I recieved my secondary lik two weeks ago, and was interviewed today. Many people told me that their administration is really slow and disorganized, and i totally believed that when i saw the admission office today...what a mess!!

But despite that I loved the school....the students seemed to be very happy being there. I know if i get an acceptance i will not think twice about attending it. Its a good place to study medicine specially if your motivation to be a doc matches the school's mission...which is basically helping the medically underserved communities. Good luck with ur application....hope u'll hear from them soon

Still haven't gotten anything from howard yet. I called admissions again and she said they are sending them now. But that's what she said before+pissed+
But then she said there is no set deadline
and that once you receive the secondary, you have 30 days to return it. Is anyone else in this situaction still??

i'm in the same situation - i haven't heard anything, and i submitted my amcas in earely july