You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Wow...
I'm the same way. I've forever existed on the "bubble" between an A- and B+. Rarely ever do I get a solid A. My school has very tough sciences and most of my science classes have been curved to a 77%
I wouldn't let it get to you. If it bothers you so much take some easy science classes to bump your GPA. But honestly if you are consistently in the A- B+ range I don't think you should worry.
I wouldn't let it get to you. If it bothers you so much take some easy science classes to bump your GPA. But honestly if you are consistently in the A- B+ range I don't think you should worry.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well, IDK. Were you taking too many sciences at one time?
Not sure on the summer session course. Actually summer session courses can be more intense--a lot of stuff to cram in in a shorter period of time.
Yea, so I guess my first question remains. . . .how many courses are you taking at once (in the semester)?
Not sure on the summer session course. Actually summer session courses can be more intense--a lot of stuff to cram in in a shorter period of time.
Yea, so I guess my first question remains. . . .how many courses are you taking at once (in the semester)?
Last edited:
A-s are fine, don't worry about it.
I am not gonna lie. I was pissed when I got an A-. I took on too much that semester. And no, it's not wrong to be particular about your grades and such, so long as the only person you are competing w/ is you. For me, I saw where I didn't give certain areas the needed attention, and in my mind, I was the one that lost out. Therefore, I had to take the extra time to go back and learn what I missed, in spite of the grade. That's not so bad if you don't have a lot of other things to do, but if you do have a ton of crap to do, then you are forced to see the missed opportunity during the time-frame for the course.
So, again I say, look at what is on your plate--total stuff, and see where it is taking away from learning time.
So, again I say, look at what is on your plate--total stuff, and see where it is taking away from learning time.
I wouldn't sweat over the "trend" of A-. Just worry about your cGPA and sGPA.
OP, if you're really feeling down about your A- parade, then move to Texas because they count as As on TMDSAS!
Joking aside, we all know it's difficult to get grades above a B+ in science courses. So be proud of yourself.
Joking aside, we all know it's difficult to get grades above a B+ in science courses. So be proud of yourself.
D
deleted647690
i took the old MCAT 4 times and i could only get a 44 everytime i was so pissed
A
AnatomyGrey12
Apply to Texas schools, even as OOS with A minuses you will have a 4.0!!
Seriously though, I can't see this not being some sort of a troll post... Seeing as I responded 7/10
Seriously though, I can't see this not being some sort of a troll post... Seeing as I responded 7/10
What's your GPA?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You got an A in GenChem 2. I swear, I'm gonna see a thread tomorrow saying "Can't get accepted into med school!" and then the post is gonna say " I've been rejected from 5 schools, silence from 12, and only 1 acceptance. What have you?" Good ol SDN
A
AnatomyGrey12
You got an A in GenChem 2. I swear, I'm gonna see a thread tomorrow saying "Can't get accepted into med school!" and then the post is gonna say " I've been rejected from 5 schools, silence from 12, and only 1 acceptance. What have you?" Good ol SDN
Good catch, because of that I up my rating of this troll thread to a 9/10 and also because I came back to it. Well done OP, well done

Duh. Everyone knows that medical schools HATE A minuses. A minus just screams underachiever destined for mediocrity. 

Similar threads
- Replies
- 5
- Views
- 2K