Hello from Vermont!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chesterton

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I found this website probably about a week ago and decided that I might as well join so that I can ask questions as they pop up (after using the search bar of course lol).​

Basically it didn't look like there was a designated area on this large website to do new member introductions so I simply decided to make on in the area that I think I will be spending most of my time. My whole life I have always wanted to do something good with my life, and I will not lie that healthcare is not the only option that has ever swirled around my head. I have interests in a lot of areas but I have always discounted the healthcare field because I come from a poor family and I would never allow myself to think I could pursue it. However, I have decided to quickly kick that old idea in the nads and start my journey! I had initially joined allnurses because I was thinking that I would like to become a nurse, especially after I saw how much more diverse the field is than I had ever thought possible! but I'm stuck with the desire that I also would like to practice..which I know requires NP status and what not..but I'm also incredibly drawn towards being a Physician Assistant because it seems to be more based on the medical model. Basically I'm going back to college to take "allied health prep" which is a certificate program at my local community college designed for students intending to transfer to a different college. Now if I go the nurse route, I would go to Castleton State college (only 20 minutes away) and take their Nursing program, but if I want to go the PA route then I would go to the same college and get a Bachelors in Health Science and then try to get accepted into PA school.​

Sorry for my ramblings! anyways I look forward to future discussions and hopefully coming up with a better idea of what I want to do!​

Members don't see this ad.

vermont is a great state to be a pa.
do check out www.physicianassistantforum.com when you get a chance. it has pre-pa, pa student, professional pa, military pa, specialty pa, etc subforums with over 30,000 members.