Help! essay on Western University of Health Science

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

magwe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could any one advice me with the essay that I have to write in the interview process. I am very bad in writing essay at the spot. One page of essay took me six hours to write and they are only giving 40 min. I am very :scared:

What is the best way to prepare for it. My interview is in this coming thursday and I just found out this web.
What topic do they ask to write about in general!

Please Help me.
Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

magwe said:
Could any one advice me with the essay that I have to write in the interview process. I am very bad in writing essay at the spot. One page of essay took me six hours to write and they are only giving 40 min. I am very :scared:

What is the best way to prepare for it. My interview is in this coming thursday and I just found out this web.

Please Help me.
Thanks a lot.

well, for starters, spelling everything correctly would be great ;) (adviSe vs. adviCe, your vs. you're, there vs. their vs. they're, who's vs. whose, to vs. too vs. two, for vs. four, sale vs. sell [believe it or not, ppl actually get this mixed up...], lose vs. loose, write vs. right, and any other homophones you can think of :)

my best advice is to relax the more you freak out the worse its going to be...

i was asked about my experience at the school...

some others have been asked if you could change one thing you said during your interview what and why

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at western a couple of years ago. I dont exactly remember the essay topic but I do remember it was an generalized essay question. The essay topic was based on a statement and it asked us if we agree or disagree with it. It wasn't difficult but I did feel pressure to write well. This is what I suggest you do:

(1) Practice- give yourself 40 minutes to answer general questions such as what is your favorite non science class and why, if you could invite 2 people to dinner who would you invite and why, etc.

(2) bring your own pencils and eraser!!

(3) you don't have to write a lot but you need to write effectively and concise. So don't repeat points or write more than you actually need. Know your style of writing!

(4) give yourself time to read your essay and make changes!

(5) everyone feels the pressure to write well so just relax and believe in yourself!

I hope this helps!

Hello endlesslove, BMbiology, bbmuffin:

I truly thank to all. All of your advice are very helpful.

Have a nice day.

magwe

magwe said:

Please Help me.
Thanks a lot.

I'll give you the same advise that was given to me. Go to the library or internet and find a 7th grade English curriculum on how to write an essay. It sounds silly but many of us lose our simple mechanics over the years. Study this, follow the format, and you will be fine.