help ................help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

molaris

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
HELP...............HELPHI FRIENDS HELP ME OUT IN SOLVING THE FOLLWING QUESTIONS ASAP:
THE BILOLOGICALLY ACTIVE CONFORMATION OF TRIMERIC G-proteins REQUIRES:
1. the alpha subunit to binmd GDP.
2.THE ALPHA SUBUNIT TO BIND GTP.
3.THE HYDROLYSIS OF BETA SUBUNITS.
4.THE ALPHA -SUBUNIT TO PHOSPHORYLATE DOWNSTREAM TARGETS.
EACH OF THE FOLLWING IS REQUIRED TO BE ACTIVE DURING FATTY ACID BIOSYNTHESIS EXCEPT ONE:
1.TRICARBOXYLIC ACID CYCLE
2.PYRUVATE DEHYDROGENASE.
3.AMINO ACID CATABOLISM.
4.BETA OXIDATION.
5.GLUCOLYSIS.
COUPLED RESPIRATION REQUIRES EACH OF THE FOLLWOING EXCEPT ONE .wHICH ONE IS THE EXCEPTION?
1.ADP
2.OXYGEN
3.CARBONDIOXIDE.
4.ELECTRON DONOR.
5.INORGANIC PHOSPHATE
WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SECRETES INSULIN LIKE GROWTH FACTOR 1 AND WHAT STIMULATES THE SECRETION?
1.ANTERIOR PITUITARY,INCREASING GROWTH HORMONE IN BLOOD.
2.ANTERIOR PITUITARY ,INCREASING GRH IN BLOOD.
3,KIDNEY,INCRESING GROWTH HORMONE IN THE BLOOD.
4.LIVER ,INCRESING GROWTH HORMONE IN THE BLOOD.
5.LIVER,INCREASING TSH IN THE BLOOD.
A PERSON WITH A HISTORY OF ANABOLIC STEROID ABUSE BUT HAS RECENTLY STOPPED IS LIKELY TO EXHIBIT EACH OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS EXCEPT?
1.sterility
2.low fsh levels
3.low testosterone levels
4.decresed number of spermatids.
A PRACTIONER ADMINISTERS A 90:10 NITROUS OXIDE -OXYGEN MIXTURE TO A PATIENT .Which of the following conditions is likely to occur?
1.metabolic acidosis.
2.respiratory acidosis.
3.metabolic alkalosis.
4.respiratory alkalosis
7.which of the follwong describes the a major effect of sicle cell anemia?
1.absence of biphosphoglycerate binding of hemoglobin
2.substitution of 2 proximal histidines.
3.a p-50 value for haemoglobin similar to that of myoglobin.
4. a decreased solubilty of the deoxy form of haemoglobin.
excessive use of diuretics lead to:
1.metabolic acidosis.
2.respiratory alkalosis.
3.metabolic acidosis.
4.respiratory acidosis
THANKS
MOLARIS

Members don't see this ad.

molaris said:
HELP...............HELPHI FRIENDS HELP ME OUT IN SOLVING THE FOLLWING QUESTIONS ASAP:
THE BILOLOGICALLY ACTIVE CONFORMATION OF TRIMERIC G-proteins REQUIRES:
1. the alpha subunit to binmd GDP.
2.THE ALPHA SUBUNIT TO BIND GTP.
3.THE HYDROLYSIS OF BETA SUBUNITS.
4.THE ALPHA -SUBUNIT TO PHOSPHORYLATE DOWNSTREAM TARGETS.
EACH OF THE FOLLWING IS REQUIRED TO BE ACTIVE DURING FATTY ACID BIOSYNTHESIS EXCEPT ONE:
1.TRICARBOXYLIC ACID CYCLE
2.PYRUVATE DEHYDROGENASE.
3.AMINO ACID CATABOLISM.
4.BETA OXIDATION.
5.GLUCOLYSIS.
COUPLED RESPIRATION REQUIRES EACH OF THE FOLLWOING EXCEPT ONE .wHICH ONE IS THE EXCEPTION?
1.ADP
2.OXYGEN
3.CARBONDIOXIDE.
4.ELECTRON DONOR.
5.INORGANIC PHOSPHATE
WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING SECRETES INSULIN LIKE GROWTH FACTOR 1 AND WHAT STIMULATES THE SECRETION?
A PERSON WITH A HISTORY OF ANABOLIC STEROID ABUSE BUT HAS RECENTLY STOPPED IS LIKELY TO EXHIBIT EACH OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS EXCEPT?
1.sterility
2.low fsh levels
A PRACTIONER ADMINISTERS A 90:10 NITROUS OXIDE -OXYGEN MIXTURE TO A PATIENT .Which of the following conditions is likely to occur?
1.metabolic acidosis.
2.respiratory acidosis.
3.metabolic alkalosis.
4.respiratory alkalosis
7.which of the follwong describes the a major effect of sicle cell anemia?
1.absence of biphosphoglycerate binding of hemoglobin
2.substitution of 2 proximal histidines.
3.a p-50 value for haemoglobin similar to that of myoglobin.
4. a decreased solubilty of the deoxy form of haemoglobin.
excessive use of diuretics lead to:
1.metabolic acidosis.
2.respiratory alkalosis.
3.metabolic acidosis.
4.respiratory acidosis
THANKS
MOLARIS

1. 2
8.metabolic alkalosis due to loss of h+ and cl- ions
please correct me if i am wrong

it is secreted by liver and acts as stomamedin C so choice 4
1.sterility
2.low fsh levels

3. it causes higher levels of testosterone that is why used in weightlifting and making muscles

Members don't see this ad :)
anjali_45 said:

it is secreted by liver and acts as stomamedin C so choice 4
1.sterility
2.low fsh levels

3. it causes higher levels of testosterone that is why used in weightlifting and making muscles
why it cannt be 1 sterility

go on www.steroid.org
it has all listed side effects of anabolic steroid.
all of them are there except low level of testesterone
nikky said:
why it cannt be 1 sterility

This is what i saw on this website:

http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/anabstereff/anabstereff.html#2

Anabolic Steroids and the Male Reproductive System

AS are derivatives of testosterone, which has strong genitotropic effects. For this reason, it will not be surprising that side effects include the reproductive system. Application of anabolic steroids leads to supra-physiological concentrations of testosterone or testosterone derivatives. Via the feed back loop, the production and release of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulation hormone (FSH) is decreased.
Prolonged use of anabolic steroids in relatively high doses will lead to hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism, with decreased serum concentrations of LH, FSH, and testosterone.

A moderate decrease of gonadotropin secretion causes atrophy of the testes, as well as a decrease of sperm cell production. Oligo, azoospermia and an increased number of abnormal sperm cells have been reported in athletes using AS, resulting in a decreased fertility. After stopping AS use, the gonadal functions will restore within some months. There are indications, however, that it may take several months.

In another article I read that the testosterone levels increase and sterility which is reversible is present...so dont know which one to go with!!

even i dont know. i wud just pick low testosterone becos i have seen more literature point towards that direction so i am inclined towards it. unless convinced otherwise.
any input is welcome
thanks

rtvj said:
This is what i saw on this website:

http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/anabstereff/anabstereff.html#2

Anabolic Steroids and the Male Reproductive System

AS are derivatives of testosterone, which has strong genitotropic effects. For this reason, it will not be surprising that side effects include the reproductive system. Application of anabolic steroids leads to supra-physiological concentrations of testosterone or testosterone derivatives. Via the feed back loop, the production and release of luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulation hormone (FSH) is decreased.
Prolonged use of anabolic steroids in relatively high doses will lead to hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism, with decreased serum concentrations of LH, FSH, and testosterone.

A moderate decrease of gonadotropin secretion causes atrophy of the testes, as well as a decrease of sperm cell production. Oligo, azoospermia and an increased number of abnormal sperm cells have been reported in athletes using AS, resulting in a decreased fertility. After stopping AS use, the gonadal functions will restore within some months. There are indications, however, that it may take several months.

In another article I read that the testosterone levels increase and sterility which is reversible is present...so dont know which one to go with!!

The answer to this q ..posted is ..incorrect
It is Carbon dioxide..
according to PILOT PAPER 2004..
Thanks
Vrnda

1.ADP
2.OXYGEN
3.CARBONDIOXIDE.
4.ELECTRON DONOR.
5.INORGANIC PHOSPHATE