Help improve the overall SDN community

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Never waste your time explaining yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you. - dream hampton
Well, you're talking to intelligent people. If your rationale are as shaky as your's are, you aren't going to find many who agree with you.

Members don't see this ad.

Whether you agree or disagree with the OP...I think this thread is a perfect example of how much people on SDN like to argue.

Reactions: 2 users
Never waste your time explaining yourself to people who are committed to misunderstanding you. - dream hampton

I can already see some of the typical ass kissing underway. @J Senpai and @ NickNaylor are perfect examples. They know everything and if you disagree you don't have different viewpoint, no, you are simply wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Whether you agree or disagree with the OP...I think this thread is a perfect example of how much people on SDN like to argue.

Disagreement? In a forum? NEVER!

Reactions: 1 user
Generally, the viewpoint portrayed on here is liberal and atheist. If you don't hold those views you're a troll.

lolwhuttranslated384267dn3.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
Disagreement? In a forum? NEVER!
I do think it occurs in this forum a disproportionate amount, but I didn't say that was a bad thing. I think disagreement is fine, but I think arguments here go on far longer than they should. They extend way past the point where it is clear that minds and opinions will not be changed.

Last edited:
Here's how I see this thread.

1. OP is mad that every time he makes a new thread about a useless topic, people tell him he's wrong.
2. These people, being correct, get likes for their posts, which occasionally happen to be entertaining as well.
3. OP decides that these people are wrong because they disagree with him, therefore the only reason they could possibly be posting is for likes.
4. OP makes a new worthless thread, the vicious cycle continues.

Case and point: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/getting-rejected-from-med-school-twice-is-hard.1061108/

If your read the thread carefully you will see that @Psai is just a troll account he says "lol kid when they changed the format of the forums, I was the biggest opponent of having the like system and the terrible color scheme." but if you go to his page it says he's been here since 1/2/ 2014 ( which is long after the site was updated). Which means he has more than one account " having more than one account is against SDN Rules its called sockpuppeting" So he will probably get banned soon anyway....

I can already see some of the typical ass kissing underway. @J Senpai and @ NickNaylor are perfect examples. They know everything and if you disagree you don't have different viewpoint, no, you are simply wrong.
You're obviously convincing yourself of this.

Also, I'm not a Republican, so...

Last edited by a moderator:
╔═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ════════════════╗
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~Like this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ you are a strong internet warrior ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no likes ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
╚═════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ════════════════╝

Reactions: 10 users
If your read the thread carefully you will see that @Psai is just a troll account he says "lol kid when they changed the format of the forums, I was the biggest opponent of having the like system and the terrible color scheme." but if you go to his page it says he's been here since 1/2/ 2014 ( which is long after the site was updated). Which means he has more than one account " having more than one account is against SDN Rules its called sockpuppeting" So he will probably get banned soon anyway....

Says the guy who made an account to like his own posts because he's upset about not getting any likes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Says the guy who made an account to like his own posts because he's upset about not getting any likes.

Dude you've been constantly bashing me since "straw fallacy" you knew my URM arguments are all correct.

You're obviously convincing yourself of this.

Also, I'm not a Republican, so...

What exactly is that all about? :eek:

Dude you've been constantly bashing me since "straw fallacy" you knew my URM arguments are all correct

Even if one was inclined to agree with you, I wouldn't say that your arguments were "correct" by any stretch of the imagination. Even the pro-URM affirmative action crowd called you out on that one.

Even if one was inclined to agree with you, I wouldn't say that your arguments were "correct" by any stretch of the imaginations. Even the pro-URM affirmative action crowd called you out on that one.

This guy clearly hates my guts

This post contributes to your discussion how?

@Chipster. says my thread is invild because I was was mad at people opposing me. I pointed out one of my opposer has been on the rampage against me for about a week. He will stop at nothing, say anything, even challege logic just to discredit me.

@Chipster. says my thread is invild because I was was mad at people opposing me. I pointed out one of my opposer has been on the rampage against me for about a week. He will stop at nothing, say anything, even challege logic just to discredit me.
But it's not germane to your original post.

Per GC1000, we're all godless liberal thought police.

@GC1000 What about those of us that are liberal thought police who believe we are godless, but don't claim to know if we are, or are not godless? Are we at least a little less trollish?

and wtf? type your reply quick because you have about a couple hours of activation left?

But it's not germane to your original post.

I would take it a step further and argue that not only is it not germane, but it is antithetical to his stated goal to "improve" the SDN community.

I guess for the OP, number of likes he doesn't get = a decrease in his self-esteem

ok you failed human physilogy your freshman year of college......

What on earth does physiology have to do with this thread? I'm confused.

What on earth does physiology have to do with this thread? I'm confused.

you see you can't simply accuse someone of thing with out any proof...

you see you can't simply accuse someone of thing with out any proof...

What is the relevance of physiology to this thread? I don't see a connection. And giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you meant psychology, the statement above concerns logic. Logic = how people should think reason; psychology = how people actually think/reason.

I provided proof of my clams. This guy is just dragging my name in the mud
ZTOVH.jpg

OT: Calm down. Nobody has a personal vendetta against you. People want you to succeed here just as much as anywhere else. But when you go off threatening other users, you aren't going to get much respect, nor are many people going to listen to what you're saying.

What is the relevance of physiology to this thread? I don't see a connection. And giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you meant psychology, the statement above concerns logic. Logic = how people should think reason; psychology = how people actually think/reason.

What I was saying was psai said I made and account I wanted his proof. refer to post 58. I meant human physiology, excuse the angry typos

You have the power to ignore threads you deem "*****ic"
But we have no incentive.
However, by posting snarky comments which CLEARLY annoy you, we are giving you incentive to STOP posting threads which are deemed redundant or, yes, to use the going phrase here, '*****ic'.
Sadly, that backfired and made you post another one.

I am NOT for an 'anti-whoring' SDN. I appreciate the snarky comments. I don't see these cliques you speak of - most people end up disagreeing at some point or another.

What I was saying was psai said I made and account I wanted his proof. refer to post 58. I meant human physiology, excuse the angry typos

phys·i·ol·o·gy
noun\ˌfi-zē-ˈä-lə-jē\
: a science that deals with the ways that living things function
: the ways that living things or any of their parts function

Example: I took a course in anatomy and physiology, where we learned about how the body maintains homeostasis.

To the OP,

I suggest leaving this thread to die. There are far to many jackasses as this thread is displaying. Let them inflate each other's ego and raise their low self esteem. Maybe someday they will find a way to feel good about themselves without relying on an anonymous internet forum.

The loud mouth know it alls are in no way representative of the medical student population. Generally, the viewpoint portrayed on here is liberal and atheist. If you don't hold those views you're a troll. A quick Google search will tell you that does not represent the majority of doctors. Furthermore, doctors have much more tolerance for other perspectives.

Lol, this post.

To the OP,

I suggest leaving this thread to die. There are far to many jackasses as this thread is displaying. Let them inflate each other's ego and raise their low self esteem. Maybe someday they will find a way to feel good about themselves without relying on an anonymous internet forum.

*sees previous post* :whistle:

Reactions: 1 users
Ok this thread has gone to hell. Mods close please, hopefully future readers will only read the first 26 posts.

Ok this thread has gone to hell. Mods close please, hopefully future readers will only read the first 26 posts.

Lol. It's just typical of your threads, since that's what you want. What more do you expect?

You were the chosen one, OP. But alas,

upload_2014-3-20_13-33-41.png

Lol. It's just typical of your threads, since that's what you want. What more do you expect?

Agreed. SDN is not about agreeing with each other all the time, nor should it be. That's what keeps this place interesting.

And OP, if you are going to start a thread, expect honest opinions. When people disagree with you, they are going to state their disagreement. I don't understand the problem with calling out illogical comments when they appear. Similarly, if I am wrong on a topic, I absolutely want others to tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.