HELP ME! American citizen IMGs: If you know take 1 min to help !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gold_poker

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can it be done in 1.5 years but studying only few hours a day , is the problem?

I am not a genius. I work very hard though.

1. Can I study for CS + CK at same time?

2. Does that help to study CK + CS at same time?

3. Do (American born IMGs) need CK + CS to apply for residency? Can American born IMGs only apply with step 1 + CK?

I am so confused.

ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED .
I AM A BEGINNER.
I DID NOT KNOW ABOUT THESE SITES FOR STEP 1 TILL TOO LATE.
I AM CURRENTLY WAITING FOR STEP 1 SCORE.

email me directly if you have any sources or kind words.

good luck to all you of you. you works so hard.

email:

[email protected]

Members don't see this ad.

Can it be done in 1.5 years but studying only few hours a day , is the problem?

I am not a genius. I work very hard though.

1. Can I study for CS + CK at same time?

YES
2. Does that help to study CK + CS at same time?

YES
3. Do (American born IMGs) need CK + CS to apply for residency? Can American born IMGs only apply with step 1 + CK?

Most AMGs dont have their Step 2 scores when applying, but as an IMG it is highly recommended that you have your Step2 CK and CS scores in when applying. If your Step 1 score ends up being low, a strong Step 2 score might strengthen your application. So Yes, You can apply with Step 1 +CK. If you have CS and are ECFMG certificed, thats even better.
I am so confused.

1 & 2) u can study cs and ck at same time but why? it will take the focus of ck which is more critical and challenging. i feel there is no point studying cs more than 1-2 months before the test as it is mostly short term type memory and also u will get bored of it. the best thing is to do it after ck. dont take them together. focus on ck as it will take 10-20x the time.

also another important factor for cs is to have a partner who is taking the test at the same time. u can even practice on the phone but atleast 5-10 sessions with ur partner in the same room i feel is important. just do the first aid for cs and usmelworld. this is enough. also practice the patient note. this is where many lose points. it seems easy but actually practice it. they have practice pt note problems in the kaplan book.

anyhow my advice is dont worry about the cs now. but dont underestimate it. focus on ck for now. u have enuff to do.

3) my advice is simple: apply as early as possible and as completely as possible. u need cs for the ecfmg cert and some programs prefer it before the interview. i did get 5 interviews with just step 1 so it is possible. however since i took ck jan 17, i feel it was too late to match. the next time i had everything plus USCE (this will help a lot) and got 48 interview invites.

for more: