This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Tankdemo

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. I have been lurking for a long time. I have the privilege of being able to choose from two medical schools and need yall's help. I know that this list is pretty short, but I would appreciate if anyone is able to give me some input that might give me some new insight into picking a school! Thank you all.

Commute and tuition are similar for both schools.

CUSM (MD School)

Pros:
  • Better match rates for specialties.
  • Scholar Research Program
  • Medical Spanish Classes
  • Direct Link to Arrowhead Hospital
  • Housing for distant clinical sites
Cons:
  • Newer School, founded in 2015
WesternU COMP Pomona (DO) School

Pros:
  • Long established DO School
  • Great ties to the region with established outreach orgs
  • Better location and campus
  • Diverse clinical rotation sites
  • Great vibe with student body
Neutral:
  • Kinda into OMM
Cons:
  • No home hospital
  • Have to take COMLEX