Help me make the right decision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kobethegoat24

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i was accepted into my state school and also another school. The other school offered me a 32000 per year scholarship that would make it cheaper for me to attend that school than my state school. So i paid the deposit and am planning on attending there. The scholarship is renewable for all 4 years, however, I have to maintain atleast a 3.0 gpa. I was wondering what the average gpa of a dental student is and how hard it is to maintain a 3.0. Do you think i made the right decision in accepting that scholarship rather than attending my state school?

Members don't see this ad.

Did you factor in cost of living with family vs living on campus (flights,transportation,etc)?

As per SDN, yes you did, because it's always better to pick the cheaper school. In terms of GPA, I think it'd be best to ask upperclassmen at your specific school to see what the average GPA is. Internet strangers may not be able to help you unless they happen to go to that school.....

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Did you factor in cost of living with family vs living on campus (flights,transportation,etc)?
Which ever school I pick I won't be able to live with family. My state school is 4 hours from where I live and both schools have about the same living expenses

Personally, I don't think getting a 3.0 will be too challenging to maintain. I had a 3.1 Overall GPA going into Dental School, and 1.5 years later I am hovering right around a 3.4, and that's with me not stressing about grades basically at all. You made the right decision going to the cheaper school, and I assume you are smart considering the hefty scholarship/multiple acceptances.

You'll be fine.

Like Artist said, definitely talk to upperclassmen at that school. But if $128,000 is on the line, I bet you'd be motivated enough to work hard and get at least a 3.0. I think you made the correct decision.

Reactions: 2 users
Jesus Christ. Marquette is giving you that scholarship? I would kill to be you.

Depends on the school.

3.0+ is not that hard to maintain at my school if you're somewhat diligent.