Help Me Out my Pre-med buddies

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GodisGood2me

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help Me out guys---

If you had to choose between
Jefferson Medical College,
Stony Brooke,
UMDNJ- njms
UMDNJ- robert wood johnson
University of Maryland
Albert Einstein

Which one would be your first, second and third choice? And why?

Thanks guys

:love:

Members don't see this ad.

Albert Einstein. Why? Because he was the smartest man who ever lived on this planet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by JKDMed
Did not Beethoven or Mozart have a higher IQ than Einstein?

Einstein had more style, check out his hair. :thumbup:

I'd choose RWJ cause it sounds like it's named after a pimp

I think Einstein's hair was about on-par with that of Mozart and Beethoven.

I'd choose Einstein, though UMDNJ's are close.

Originally posted by ornis4
I think Einstein's hair was about on-par with that of Mozart and Beethoven.

I'd choose Einstein, though UMDNJ's are close.

How can you deny the sexiness of Einstein's "I just got electrocuted" look? As for Beethoven and Mozarts, they are just wigs. No contest.

Yea, Einstein's brain is sexy.

Sorry for being impolite...
whocares2.jpg

lol :laugh: I laugh because you say your sorry but then do it anyways :) I would go with Einstein, even if Beet was smarter, and had better hair ;)

I would go with AECOM. From what I've read it is a great institution despite the location, and I think you'd love it. :eek:

i dont know much bout the others. but AE is great!

I like NJMS for the clinical experience, which is also good at AE. If you're concerned about neighborhoods, AE would be a better choice. Otherwise, each of these schools offers a little something that the other doesn't have, so choose based on the feeling that you got from being at each.

Don't know if this helps but I hear that there are a good number of guys and the girls aren't that good looking. (I apologize to any girls at Jefferson who take offense- this is just something I heard from a friend who visited, I have no knowledge of the situation)

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Hamface16
Don't know if this helps but I hear that there are a good number of guys and the girls aren't that good looking. (I apologize to any girls at Jefferson who take offense- this is just something I heard from a friend who visited, I have no knowledge of the situation)

did you seriously think that no one would take offense?! As a future member of the female population of Jefferson I'd like to settle the score. If you truly do base any of your decision on where you will be going to medical school on what the "chicks" look like there maybe you should reconsider medicine and definitely don't come to Jefferson, 'cause I don't want to have to deal with you!

-Proud to be a margarita drinking, pony-tail sporting, flip-flop wearing, blue jeans and t-shirt loving, medical school bound, California feminist!

Originally posted by celticmists18
did you seriously think that no one would take offense?! As a future member of the female population of Jefferson I'd like to settle the score. If you truly do base any of your decision on where you will be going to medical school on what the "chicks" look like there maybe you should reconsider medicine and definitely don't come to Jefferson, 'cause I don't want to have to deal with you!

-Proud to be a margarita drinking, pony-tail sporting, flip-flop wearing, blue jeans and t-shirt loving, medical school bound, California feminist!

I don't understand y you think that he should reconsider medschool, who are u to know who should and shouldn't go to med school. I think it is a reasonable factor in choosing a med school, not the sole factor of course.

Originally posted by GodisGood2me
Help Me out guys---

If you had to choose between
Jefferson Medical College,
Stony Brooke,
UMDNJ- njms
UMDNJ- robert wood johnson
University of Maryland
Albert Einstein

Which one would be your first, second and third choice? And why?

Thanks guys

:love:

If you're in-state and concerned about cost, I'd say go with RWJ. If money isn't an issue for you, then I'd say go with Einstein, then RWJ, then Jefferson. I don't know anything about U of MD or Stony Brooke, and I personally dislike NJMS.

Good luck!

Nothing drives men more wild than a career-frenzied woman, who renounces makeup and publicly castrates, castigates and demasculinizes someone she doesn't even know, his career aspirations and ability to provide care, in what may be, the most important decision of his life because he has the audacity to say that "looks" have any degree of importance in society. Men love feminists. Men love N.O.W. They make us feel warm and fuzzy inside. Anyone who claims to be a feminist from San Francisco of all places puts a special "feeling" -- a lot like putting a dozen toothpicks under your toe nails and kicking a wall -- to top the ones described above.

When in God's name did extremists hijack the femist agenda, offroad all of the progress that others have been able to make and drive it off a cliff. You wonder why its hard to get a strong male showing at Take Back the Night? Maybe if some of the modern femists looked to make peace with men instead of war, unite instead of divide, they could do some good. In the meantime, keep pushing that extreme agenda and throwing hate bombs against my buddy above. See how far it gets you and how many want to listen. Femists like you have relegated themselves to insignificance.

Dr Anyone

Originally posted by DrNE1
Femists like you have relegated themselves to insignificance.

Dr Anyone

Well put NE1. If only that last statement were true. As it stands, the extremist feminist agenda seems to be in the main of public thought. It has ceased to be about empowering women to make choices in their lives, but has instead turned to keeping women from participating roles which might have once been considered traditional. What?s more, they have chosen to hate men and seek so vehemently seek to displace them that they have forgotten what they were originally fighting for: equality - not domination. And the extreme feminist viewpoint's influence is vast. Look at main stream television. Where are the positive male role models? From children's cartoons to sitcoms and movies, the father role is quite often a stereotypically goofy/stupid guy whom the kids and/or mother seem to just put up with. The male role has been reduced to comic relief, or totally macho.

As a blue jeans wearing, margarita sipping, teva wearing, dyed hair having, Berkeley loving, San Francisco living, man, I can honestly say that I am sick and tired of seeing male's opinions being treated like offal in both the public media and private circles. When was the last time you said or heard "isn't that just like a man". I can assure you it is far more often than you've heard "typical woman", especially in the mainstream media. When a man says it, its controversial/outrageous. When a woman says it, the statement seems much more likely to be accepted as true.

Personally, I don't think that the looks of one's classmates is a valid criterion for chosing medical schools, but that doesn't mean its wrong, that means its different. In such an age of "tolerance" and "freedom" its amazing how our society has become so closed-minded and constrained.

I personally await the day when men and women can come to one table see each other?s strengths and weaknesses, and - appreciating those differences - work together to compliment and build up, rather than tear down and destroy.

Wow, quite a deviation from the original topic of the thread. That's SDN for you. :love:

Well since you don't know how to spell Stony Brook correctly I'm guessing that isn't your top choice, so you may be able to X that one out easily:)

1. I won't be basing my med school decision on what the "chicks" look like since I'm a girl.

2. You'll get your wish I won't be going to Jefferson since I did not apply there.

Being from NY I'd pick Einstein, U of MA and Stony Brook b/c of price.

I'm glad to see I pissed so many people off . . . that really wasn't my intent. But please consider that how upset you all got about my post is how upset I got about the original one. I'm not some femi-nazi, I just hate when what a woman looks like becomes the topic of conversation (whoever mention no make-up, that is true but only because I like my sleep more . . . at least I haven't burned my bras ;) ).
ANYWAY, to get this post back on track . . . all the schools you listed are good so I would suggest making a list of what you list and don't like about each one, then pick the school with longest pro list!