HELP ME PLEASE!! AMCAS course repeat -- took it originally as pass -- what am I supposed to do according to this message?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yepanotherpmed

Reaction score
Hi, I took calculus P/F my freshman year. The letter grade is a P.

I retook the course for a grade my senior year and got an A.

The AMCAS application is telling me this message when I enter the course in a second time for my senior year:

Note: You have indicated a Repeated course. If your school has an academic forgiveness policy, and subsequently replaces the original grade received with a special transcript symbol, you MUST enter the original grade on your AMCAS application regardless of whether or not it appears on the Official Transcript. If the original grade is not entered, AMCAS will return your application to you to enter the original grade. Please note that this may cause you to miss application deadlines and forfeit fees.

I took the course freshman year P/F because I wanted to. I didn't use any academic forgiveness. I literally only have an original grade of a P.

This message doesn't apply to me, correct?

Members don't see this ad.

The AMCAS application is telling me this message when I enter the course in a second time for my senior year:

Note: You have indicated a Repeated course. If your school has an academic forgiveness policy, and subsequently replaces the original grade received with a special transcript symbol, you MUST enter the original grade on your AMCAS application regardless of whether or not it appears on the Official Transcript. If the original grade is not entered, AMCAS will return your application to you to enter the original grade. Please note that this may cause you to miss application deadlines and forfeit fees.

I took the course freshman year P/F because I wanted to. I didn't use any academic forgiveness. I literally only have an original grade of a P.

Do both the P and the A appear on your transcript as separate course entries? In either case, you need to enter both the P/F and the Graded as separate courses with the graded marked as a repeat course.

Reactions: 1 user

It doesn’t apply to you BUT you are in an even more straightforward situation. You have to list the first course take with the P as well as the retake with the A.

Reactions: 1 users