How am I suppose to write this?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wizardsofwavelyplace

Reaction score
One of the secondaries for the school I applied to asked why do you want to pursue a medical degree.. and it's 3000 characters. I just wrote a 5300 character essay saying why lol. Does anyone have any tips on what I should aim to say on the secondary and how to not repeat my personal statement?

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't you prewrite your secondaries?

You should have plenty of material to write 3 or more personal statements.

Didn't you prewrite your secondaries?

You should have plenty of material to write 3 or more personal statements.
I do, but they really emphasized not repeating your personal statement and I focused on patient care and helping underrepresented. How should construct this "second" personal statement? Do I focus on that some more or explore a different area?

Members don't see this ad :)
I do, but they really emphasized not repeating your personal statement and I focused on patient care and helping underrepresented. How should construct this "second" personal statement? Do I focus on that some more or explore a different area?
Could you tell me who "they" are?

I emphasize not repeating your pertained statement either. Hence you should have enough to write 3 or 4 PS. I don't know what you left on the cutting room floor when you created your PS. We don't have your application to give you more precise strategies.

Everyone loves stories in the PS, so give us another story that is different. One that you left out of your PS because you already had so many great patient encounters.

There's more to being a great physician than patient care and serving underserved patients. The competencies can guide you a little.

Reactions: 1 users
Put your essay in chatgpt and tell it to cut it down to 3000 characters

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 3 users
Could you tell me who "they" are?

I emphasize not repeating your pertained statement either. Hence you should have enough to write 3 or 4 PS. I don't know what you left on the cutting room floor when you created your PS. We don't have your application to give you more precise strategies.

Everyone loves stories in the PS, so give us another story that is different. One that you left out of your PS because you already had so many great patient encounters.

There's more to being a great physician than patient care and serving underserved patients. The competencies can guide you a little.
ok thanks