This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WTFWTF

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a US Citizen, no visa issues, location is not important. Below is a tentative list but please give your input.
If I match in IM I plan to do a cardiology or allergy/immunology fellowship.
If I match in FM I plan to do a sports medicine or ER fellowship.

1) UPMC Hamot - Emergency Medicine
2) Coliseum Medical Center (Macon GA) - Internal Medicine
3) Morehouse - Family Medicine
4) UND Fargo - Family Medicine
5) Baptist Memorial (golden triangle) - Internal Medicine
6) Howard - Family Medicine
7) St Elizabeth (Utica NY) - Family Medicine

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say follow your heart..
You've interviewed at all programs, I'm sure you liked one environment more than the other. Choose the one that you feel you will be happy at..
If you prefer certain specialty vs others, then put that specialty on top!(Since you have 3 different ones).

Good luck

I'd say follow your heart..
You've interviewed at all programs, I'm sure you liked one environment more than the other. Choose the one that you feel you will be happy at..
If you prefer certain specialty vs others, then put that specialty on top!(Since you have 3 different ones).

Good luck
thank you for your reply, so i applied for combined EM/IM and EM/FM programs but didn't get any interviews... i'm in a bit of a dilemma actually, I love EM, IM, and FM. I can't really pick just one honestly.
what I am passionate about is humanitarian work, bedside or point of care ultrasound and research (published and presented numerous papers and posters) and all of these specialities will provide that, it's a matter of who has an edge. UND Fargo PD LOVES missionary, humanitarian work and has clinics set up at all of my favorite places abroad and is setting up POCUS but its a new program so I'm not quite sure what this program's future holds.
in terms of research, morehouse is great but no ultrasound training and no real international elective opportunities.

one of the hardest decisions i've had to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.