Help! Multiple colleges for undergrad and bad grades on one of them

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jctkay

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Long story, short I went to multiple colleges for undergrad. The bad grades were from a community college (mainly math-not my best subject as it is) Im sad to admit I have an F in the same math class that I took 4ish times. Rough home life (an abusive partner at the time) and didn’t focus a whole lot on my schoolwork.

Do I need to/should I retake that class at that school? Or will it matter if I take that class at another school/university? I’m 28 years old and have always wanted to be a doctor but I’m behind when it comes to still needing undergrad to be completed. I’m also worried about my age and the amount of time I still need in undergrad.

In my town there is an accelerated 18month nursing program that I was thinking could be a way for me to speed up the process a little and could get me clinical hours at the same time.
Thoughts?
Sorry, a bit of a complicated situation.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. How many credits to you have/years of undergrad do you need to complete? I certainly don't think anyone is going to complain if you retake the math class at a non-community college school granted you get a good grade in it. Though I do suggest taking the math class at one of the schools you've been at already for the sake of ordering transcripts :p

There's a big emphasis on the last 60 credits you take, be it through undergrad or an SMP. If you show an upward trend and have a good MCAT to back it up, I think the negative outlook on your grades will lighten up. However, don't apply until you complete whatever credits you need to take, as there's no guarantee a school will be receptive to continuous updates regarding new grades.

Idk about the nursing program when there are more traditional routes (like a post-bacc or SMP) that only take a year. How many hours have you spent shadowing, volunteering, and how much research experience do you have?

Reactions: 1 user