help needed international dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dert

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,
I want to become a dentist but I'm not from the USA. I plan to go to Minnesota and work with a limited license when I graduate and get a full license after. However I don't know if I'm still required to graduate from PPID to practice dentistry in other states . And I don't know if it is easy or not to get a limited license in Minnesota. Please reply if you know anything about this topic
 
I think you still have to pass the national boards NBDE I and II, after you pass them, apply and pass the state boards. I just read this a few weeks ago on the web site. My suggestion is to start with passing the NBDE's and try to find a job as a dental assistant there..


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Before getting your hopes up and spending a lot of money figure out if you can even get employed. Not being a resident might put you at a great disadvantage