help needed international dentist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.


New Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 27, 2017
Reaction score
I want to become a dentist but I'm not from the USA. I plan to go to Minnesota and work with a limited license when I graduate and get a full license after. However I don't know if I'm still required to graduate from PPID to practice dentistry in other states . And I don't know if it is easy or not to get a limited license in Minnesota. Please reply if you know anything about this topic

Members don't see this ad.
I think you still have to pass the national boards NBDE I and II, after you pass them, apply and pass the state boards. I just read this a few weeks ago on the web site. My suggestion is to start with passing the NBDE's and try to find a job as a dental assistant there..

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Before getting your hopes up and spending a lot of money figure out if you can even get employed. Not being a resident might put you at a great disadvantage