Help!- Rehab Science Bachelor’s Degree Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PTsomeday

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I have recently finished my bachelor’s degree in rehab science. I plan to continue my education to become a physical therapist, however my husband is getting out of the army soon and we will be moving Michigan. He will no longer have a steady income, so I need to get a decent job. My question is: what can I do with my degree? My searches have only come up with continue school to become a PT or OT. I can’t even be PTA. Does anyone have any ideas, suggestions, or success stories similar to my situation? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Not much, but don't worry, there are still opportunities. You can look for positions that match your skill set. Some places to look are in hospitals and acute inpatient rehab centers. Positions to look for, outside the obvious, are research assistants, training coordinators, office assistant/manager, etc. Basically, entry-level admin positions that require no relevant degree, but may look at you more favorably due to the assumption that you generally have some understanding in what they do. But it's hard to say without looking at your resume and assessing your skill set.

Also, if your husband is planning to go back to school full time, he will most likely have the Post-9/11 GI-Bill, which should help significantly since cost of living is included.

thank you for you quick reply and input, its greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad :)
You could try personal trainer, cardiac rehab, physical therapy tech, recreation director, corporate fitness. I also taught at a community college for a while (try technical schools too).

Anything but personal trainer. You'll work long, inhumane hours in corporate fitness but at least you'll earn a good paycheck. Your best option is to apply for jobs at the hospital.