HELP! Should I transfer from UCLA to UCI?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What should I do?

• Go through with UCLA.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Transfer to UCI.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

sonich835

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm currently a freshman attending UCLA for the fall quarter, but I'm starting to have doubts on whether I picked the right choice for my undergraduate school. I thought I could see myself going here for four years, but now, I find myself lost and confused. I'm starting to think that UCLA isn't the right school for me, and I'm scared I won't be as academically competent than if I were to go to UCI. How would my chances of getting into medical school be affected if I were to transfer from UCLA to UCI? Also, is there even any way I can apply now to transfer to UCI for sophomore year? What would I need to do? Looking back, I probably should have picked UCI, because I had UC Regents and CHP. I also live in Irvine, so going there would be cheaper, and I can see my family once in a while. Please advise, and thanks so much for your help! :)

Members don't see this ad.

If you were in your first fall quarter of college and NOT thinking about transferring to a different school I would be worried. It's quite common for students to get nervous and think they made the wrong choice in where to go to college and consider transferring to a different school. To be honest, it's still September and way too early to be considering changing schools. Give it some time. Meet people. Get to know your professors and learn how to be a successful college student.

As far as medical school goes, UCI and UCLA are both incredible institutions. UCLA is one of the best public research universities in the country. UCI is also a part of the AAU (look it up). Both schools are going to offer the courses you need and you may have the opportunity to get involved with research in biology/biochemistry/neurology etc. If you earn high grades, a solid MCAT score, you application will not be helped/hurt because you went to UCI or UCLA.

Hi, I'm currently a freshman attending UCLA for the fall quarter, but I'm starting to have doubts on whether I picked the right choice for my undergraduate school. I thought I could see myself going here for four years, but now, I find myself lost and confused. I'm starting to think that UCLA isn't the right school for me, and I'm scared I won't be as academically competent than if I were to go to UCI. How would my chances of getting into medical school be affected if I were to transfer from UCLA to UCI? Also, is there even any way I can apply now to transfer to UCI for sophomore year? What would I need to do? Looking back, I probably should have picked UCI, because I had UC Regents and CHP. I also live in Irvine, so going there would be cheaper, and I can see my family once in a while. Please advise, and thanks so much for your help! :)