1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Help!! Will it arrive too late???

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by labrat, Nov 26, 2001.

1. labrat

labrat Member
    7+ Year Member

I received the secondary to Loyola last week, and I got it out last night to work on it, and I noticed that the app states that it must be received by Dec 1 2 001. Seriously, thats how it looks on the application. I looked at it and filed it away in my brain as not being due until the 12th... but its really due on the 1st! It says that the letters of recommendation need to be in by then also. Do you think, if I let my references know tomorrow, and they send the recs on Wednesday or Thursday it will be OK, or should I just save my $50 and time? I really would like to submit it, but at the same time, I'd hate to send it and find out some of my references' letters didn't get there until Dec 3rd, so my app got tossed in the rejection bin. Thank you for your advice!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BeckyG

BeckyG Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

You can probably get an extension if you call Loyoala. Or, call and ask them if its the postmark or receipt date that matters. I bet you can get an extension though. Good luck.

4. serpiente

serpiente Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I called Loyola earlier and they give a 2 week grace period from the date stamped on your application. I don't know if this holds for the ultimate Dec 1st deadline so you'd better call. They are pretty nice about that stuff, so you'll probably be okay.

5. P60001

P60001 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I ran into a similar situation with Loyola-assuming you me Stritch. The admin person told me there was a two week grace period.

Where are you in Oregon?

Good luck.

Rob

6. ludey

ludey Member
    7+ Year Member

to me loyola is being ridiculously pompous if they only allow you 2 weeks to complete their secondary when it took them 3 months to get the stupid thing out to me and probably many others. and i'm only counting the time from when AMCAS actually sent my info to them. is anyone else pissed off by this?

7. labrat

labrat Member
    7+ Year Member

I agree about it sucking that Loyola waited so long to send out the secondaries to many people... I am glad though that there is a two week grace period, cuz I'll need it! Thanks for the responses, and P60001, I am in Southern Oregon, though I did live in Portland for 1.5 years.