Help with Interview Decisions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

medstudent1215

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I am in a financial bind and am struggling to afford all my interviews. I have 7 more interviews scheduled so far and now have an acceptance to Alabama COM! I am trying to decide which (if any) interview's I should now turn down, but that is tough to do without ever even seeing the schools of who's interviews I would turn down. So I am asking for some advice and insight from those of you who are either familiar with ACOM or these other schools.

The interviews I have scheduled are from: Burrell COM, AT Still SOM-Arizona, University of Pikeville Kentucky SOM, Idaho COM, WesternU COMP-NW, Pacific Northwest University, and Arkansas COM

Does anyone have some advice about these schools? I know at ICOM, you cant get federal student loans which is a pretty big turn off. And it's a new school. Any of these others vastly better than ACOM? Any of these schools terrible in comparison to ACOM? etc....

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like possibly you're from the PNW? If so, consider western, pnwu, or atsu soma as those all have campuses in the pnw and are all established schools.

Reactions: 1 users
I would pick out one or two other schools to interview at that are low-cost and in a place you can live for 2 to 4 years.

I went to ACOM And did all right, it’s not a high-end school but it gets the trick done. With excellent match rates and great clinical years.
I really think the whole interviewing process is a huge drain of resources and time, Do yourself a favor pick one or two other schools And make a decision from there.I don’t see a point of going to Arkansas or BurellIf you already have ACOM, they are both newer and less established. Pikeville and Idaho should be low on your list also

Congratulations on your acceptance

Reactions: 1 user
I’d definitely go to ATSU-Arizona, COMP-NW and PNWU.

ACOM will get the job done like said above but if you can get somewhere that doesn’t have mandatory attendance go there

Reactions: 1 users
Agree with all the above, with that list, unless there are other factors involved (family, regional ties, etc.), I would go to SOMA, COMP-NW, and PNWU.

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.