Help with post residency career

Started by dramw
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dramw

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all. Currently in Neurology residency and I am contemplating a career in intervention vs stroke/neurohospitalist. I have enjoyed my IR rotations. I like the 7on/7off 12 hour shift model ( once your off after your shift, you don’t have to worry about pages/calls because the night person will handle those ). However, I like procedures and IR is very interesting. Looking at jobs online, some postings say you can have 7on/7off but I’m guessing that you would be on 24 hrs for 7 straight days.
Does anyone have any experience with Neuro-intervention schedules and what kind of schedules I can have as an attending. ( on a recent pediatrics rotation, I had to do 12 hours in house then 12 hours home call and although I did not get any pages, I’m not sure I like the fact that I was always checking my pager at home even during sleep ). Thank you for any help