Help with prep over semester + winter break

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mrdespair

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi SDN,

I unfortunately will not have a full summer available to prep for the MCAT, so I was wondering if you guys would have any advice for preparing over the course of a regular semester (I'm anticipating being able to spare about 5-8h/wk for prep) plus winter break (when I will be able to fully dedicate to it).

I know prep courses do help me, so I was planning on prepping individually by reviewing/learning content over the course of the semester and then taking a TPR course over winter.

Because I plan on signing up for the course, I will get the TPR material in the bundle. Do you think supplementing it with Khan Academy and EK (content review+practice 101 books) is enough? I was thinking of also getting TBR but feel like it might be too much to cover with the amount of time I have...

Thanks in advance for your input!
 
How many hours will you have available to study?
I'd recommend scheduling 300-400. You may not need them all, but at least you have a buffer if something comes up during the term.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
@pms_testosterone I will have somewhat little during the course of the semester, about 5-8h/wk (so a total of ~100h) but over winter I will fully dedicate to just the MCAT and being realistic about how much I can study without burning out I know I can pull around 70h/wk (including weekends). Total hours should add up to ~380h. Do you think that's enough to go over TPR+EK+TBR material? Or would it be better to focus on 2 sets of books instead?