Help with school list/what is defined as clinical exposure?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lem1506

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I am applying to medical school this cycle and wanted to know what a good school list would be with my credentials:

UG School: Harvard
Overall GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.3
got a few B's frosh/soph year but significant upward trend of all A's junior/senior year
MCAT: 519

Great recs

ECs:
4 years of psychiatry research. Was a lab manager and interacted with patients/ran outpatient treatments with a clinician
3 published abstracts/poster presentations
started a nonprofit organization at my school for mental health
6 years as an advocate/volunteer for a mental health organization
3-4 years of research interviewing patients directly in hospitals. Would the interactions with patients (not shadowing) still be considered clinical exposure?
+ others, but these are my main ECs

I also experienced a significant unique life challenge right before I started college and have demonstrated resilience since them and am planning on writing about it in my PS.

Thanks!
 
Last edited:
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Colorado
Boston University
Tufts
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Hofstra
Einstein
Mount Sinai
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Miami
Tulane
St. Louis
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Virginia Commonwealth
Eastern Virginia