This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringdentist86

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I just wanted a little guidance and input on my list of schools as far as where I have the best chance of getting in, along with strong clinical programs in fun locations that I would enjoy for the next four years.

My DAT breakdown was AA22/CHEM24/BIO22/OCHEM22/TS22/QR20. My GPA is a 3.4 overall and 3.2 science. My grades suffered in the first three semesters, but my upward trend is promising. I am in my gap year currently, have a job in an endo office, and 200+ hours of assisting at a clinic, with well-rounded leadership/mentoring/TA/service experiences.

I plan on going general, but have an open mind to specializing. I reside in Virginia and I would like to stick to the east coast, but I'm fairly flexible. I plan on applying broadly to around 10-14 schools. My tentative school list is as follows:

VCU
Louisville
Temple
Penn
Midwestern IL
NOVA
LECOM
BU
Maryland (except I do not have a chem letter of rec which I heard works against me)
Alabama
UNE
OSU
MUSC
Colorado

All advice is welcomed!!! Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would take off MUSC and you could add Pitt and Kentucky if you wanted

Members don't see this ad :)
It's extremely expensive

Use this thread to help you out. Excellent resource

Also, as a Virginia resident, make VCU your top priority, it's a fantastic school.

@blablabla1 VCU is definitely a priority for me!

And @jsm458 if I'm looking into Navy, the price isn't necessarily the biggest concern (but obviously still a concern in case I don't get it), but do you think getting in would be a slim chance for me? And why do you say Pitt and Kentucky?

Alabama tends to like applicants from the Deep South (GA,FL,SC etc.) so I might take them off, especially with your GPA

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

MUSC says on their website that they aren't OOS friendly

If you are not a resident of Colorado, take that out as well, with your GPA getting an interview would be a long shot.