Help with Univ of Colorado requirement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Shiba1234

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an interview invite from University of Colorado last week. I'm super excited seeing that I'm OOS and I applied super late; my application was just completed about a couple weeks ago. My problem, however, is that they are saying I need to complete 1 semester of general biology lab by the end of this semester to meet their requirements. My local university doesn't offer a general biology lab and the community college here offers lab but only in conjunction with lecture, so you wouldn't get a separate grade for lab by itself. My only other option is a university that is a 45 minute drive from where I live and tuition will be $1000 for 1 credit hour =( My concern is, am I wasting time and money to enroll in this class for a chance at a school that I might not get in? At this point, their class is half filled and I know they don't accept a lot of out of staters. My only other interview right now is the University of Florida next week. I'm tempted to bite the bullet and just take the class because I need all the help I can get at this point but $1000+ and 1.5 hrs of driving every week is killing me. BTW, classes start today...

Members don't see this ad.

None of my bio classes at my school had "separate" lab grades--they were just bundled in together as a 4 credit hour course. I had no issues.

Check with Colorado, but that seriously shouldn't be a problem.

Take it at the CC. I know it's stressful because classes are starting today, but it's worth it if it lands you a DS acceptance. And seriously... a gen bio class will probably be SUPER easy at this point, haha!

I recommend calling the Admissions Office at Colorado. I had many questions about pre-reqs and classes, and they were very helpful!