1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Help!

Discussion in 'Australasia and Oceania' started by eveangel87, Jun 13, 2008.

1. eveangel87

Pre-Medical
    Hey everyone, well i am in my first year of university. I am studying a Bachelor of Science. After completing this degree i wish to sit the GAMSAT test and get into MED school. I am transferring to ANU next year for semester 1 2009. My partner is joining the defense force to complete his degree. I have only one problem that i have been worrying about for a while. I am terrible at Maths!!!!! It's something i've always been bad at. I am fine with chemistry, biology and psychology subjects. I can do simple math like basic algebra and calculus. The math in the chemistry is also really easy for me. I tried a math subject this semester but had to drop it as it would have impacted negatively on my GPA.

I need to know if i can get by without doing a math subject. At ANU for Bachelor of science and Bachelor of Medical science you are not required to do a math subject. The only reason you need to do it is if you want to Major in physics. I have not done a physics subject yet and i was going to try one next year in semester one to see how i go.

Do you need advanced mathematical skills for the GAMSAT. I am great with everything else but once the maths starts getting complicated, no matter how hard i study it doesn't click. I have had tutors for it and they just say, you really aren't a mathematically orientated person are you!

I want to become a Doctor so bad, well a Surgeon. It's my dream. I need some hope that i won't need to have all that difficult math background to follow my dream. Please let me know...if i can accomplish all this without more than basic calculus and algebra.

If i can't, please let me know what i can do to get through it. Nothing has worked so far and i am at my wits end.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. shan564

shan564 Below the fray
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    If you know enough math to get through a Physics class, then you'll be fine.

4. eveangel87

Pre-Medical
    thanks so much. i was freaking for a bit. cheers.