Hem/Onc fellowship application thread 2010-2011!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just FYI for California applicants:

from UCI website:
"We encourage you to submit your application materials through ERAS as we will be selecting candidates for interviews in February. One day interviews will be conducted from late February to mid April."

Members don't see this ad.

mackaikai and mindmentor, congratulations on getting an interview in UC Davis. Would you mind sharing yoru credentials?

Rejection from U of Iowa.

Of course my application is still incomplete without 3 lORS.

Members don't see this ad :)
mackaikai and mindmentor, congratulations on getting an interview in UC Davis. Would you mind sharing yoru credentials?

wasn't going to post my credentials initially but i guess it does help out others somehow.

AMG/US citizen, west coast community residency program with ties to a good university. 96/99/and step 3 in mid-90s (forgot to write down my score). research is my CV weakness. submitted application on 12/15.

2 interviews so far
1 rejection
still waiting for 20+

hope that helps :)

good luck everyone.

i organized the list we have so far, please make correction if you see fit

Programs already offered interviews
----------------------------------
Advocate LUthern General (Illinois)
Baylor
BIDMC
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Eastern Carolina
Fox Chase
Mount-Sinai
Moffitt
MD Anderson Satellite at Orlando
UCSD
UC Davis
University of Vermont
U of Michigan
UF- Gainesville
University of Oklahoma
Tufts
Washington Hospital Center- DC

known Rejections
-----------
UNC Chapel Hills
DFCI
Northwestern

Baylor
BIDMC
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Eastern Carolina
Fox Chase
Mount-Sinai
Moffitt
UCSD
UC Davis
University of Vermont
U of Michigan
UF- Gainesville
University of Oklahoma
Tufts

known Rejections
-----------
BIDMC
DFCI
Northwestern
UNC Chapel Hills

other than mentioned above, standford (last wk), duke (last wk), U chicago (dec), NCI (this wk) gave out interviews. - JSIM

Last edited:
Interviews:
------------------------
Baylor
BIDMC
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Duke
Eastern Carolina
Fox Chase
Mount-Sinai
Moffitt
UCSD
UC Davis
University of Chicago
University of Vermont
U of Michigan
UF- Gainesville
University of Oklahoma
Stanford
Tufts

known Rejections
-----------
BIDMC
DFCI
Northwestern
UNC Chapel Hills

Members don't see this ad :)
So far 4 rejections (bidmc, dfci, nwu, utsw) and 0 interviews

Anyone else with 0 interviews now?

Interviews:
------------------------
Baylor
BIDMC
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Duke
Eastern Carolina
Fox Chase
Mount-Sinai
Moffitt
Oklahoma
UCSD
UC Davis
University of Chicago
University of Vermont
U of Michigan
UF- Gainesville
University of Oklahoma
Stanford
Tufts

known Rejections
-----------
BIDMC
DFCI
Northwestern
UNC Chapel Hills
UTSW
University Of Iowa

Is it UTSW Dallas?
I got no rejection, neither Interview. Meaning I am still alive there?

New to the forum, and I'm a california applicant. Waiting for UC Davis, SF, LA and the rest. Looks like it started mid Jan last year, probably earlier in 09. AMG, scores in 90s, few pubs, some research during residency.
Cheers!

Rej by Chapel Hill, NW, BIDMC.
No IV.

New to the forum, and I'm a california applicant. Waiting for UC Davis, SF, LA and the rest. Looks like it started mid Jan last year, probably earlier in 09. AMG, scores in 90s, few pubs, some research during residency.
Cheers!

The silence is killing me :) Anyone knows what's up with Davis (no invite, but no rej yet) and UCSF?

:D new to thread, good luck to all.

AMG/midwest/applied to all over country/step1&2 90s, didnt take step 3/several publications

still awaiting to hear....rejected danafarber

rejection right now UNC Chapel Hill. Worst day ever. 5 rejections now and 0 ivs... :(:(

was informed that UCSF interview dates start from 1/24, am guessing invitations should come out soon...

other than mentioned above, standford (last wk), duke (last wk), U chicago (dec), NCI (this wk) gave out interviews. - JSIM

Congrats on the calls. Could you share your credentials, jsimny?

rejection right now UNC Chapel Hill. Worst day ever. 5 rejections now and 0 ivs... :(:(

Don't worry, you are not alone. I have no IV mails so far and the rejections seem to pile up. Is there light at the end of this tunnel?

Hi I am new to this forum. 2 IV's- Vermont and Fox chase!. but plenty rejections too- BIDMC, UTSW, Dana Farber, IOWA, UNC chapel hill. :scared:

There are many programs that have sent out IVs or Rejs to others in the forum. I have heard neither? what does the " on hold status" exactly mean?

There are many programs that have sent out IVs or Rejs to others in the forum. I have heard neither? what does the " on hold status" exactly mean?

I imagine it can mean one of two things:

1.They havent got a chance to review your application yet
2.They like you but prefer others before you and would only consider you as others cancel

This is pure speculation but what the heck..we're all obessing over this anyway

@three coins: I am one of those you mentioned w/o IVs nor R

The wait is killing me....want to hear from a program/any program, but also hoping its not a rejection. I do anticipate many rejections...wish I applied to more programs.

It seems slow, or is it just me?

@three coins: I am one of those you mentioned w/o IVs nor R

The wait is killing me....want to hear from a program/any program, but also hoping its not a rejection. I do anticipate many rejections...wish I applied to more programs.

It seems slow, or is it just me?

Does seem slow, but if invites/advice from the past are to be believed, mid Jan to mid Feb is the time to hear from the programs. Kinda seems scary that the whole thing boils down to the next 5 months. Exciting though!

For ppl with interviews- please keep us updated on your credentials and on your reviews of programs on your interview trail.

Laters, good nite!

I have noticed others received a rejection from UTSW. Does anyone know what kind of program this is? Specifically, is it ranked in the next tier behind MSK, MD Anderson, etc or is it even lower? Anyone know of its reputation?

I was told it is a really good program, but not sure what that means.

Two more rejects. No IV yet. Waiting with my fingers crossed :(:(

Rejd by UTSW, waiting rejn from Iowa.

Among the rej letters theirs is the most polished. They let you down very smoothly, didn't just push you off the cliff!

Interviews:
------------------------
Baylor
BIDMC
Brown
Columbia
Cornell
Dartmouth-Hitchcock
Duke
Eastern Carolina
Fox Chase
Mount-Sinai
Moffitt
Oklahoma
UCSD
UC Davis
University of Chicago
University of Vermont
U of Michigan
UF- Gainesville
University of Oklahoma
Stanford
Tufts

Known Rejections
-----------
BIDMC
Columbia
DFCI
Northwestern
UNC Chapel Hills
UTSW
University Of Iowa

UCLA-Olive View sent out a generic email saying the PD is reviewing the files now :( got excited for nothing

Received an email from MD Anderson about Missing LoR

Please be advised that our program requires three (3) letters of
recommendation, as well as a letter from your Residency Program Director. Our ERAS post office box will remain open until January 31, 2011 which allows you ample time for submission. Understand that your application will not be reviewed by the Fellowship Program Director until it is complete. Thank you for your attention to this matter and for your interest in our program.

Anyone else get this email?

Bcz coordinators did not come to work due to storm.