Heme/Onc Thread?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedebear

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
The thread title should be titled Heme/Onc Subspecialty section.

It seems to me that the Heme/Onc application thread has been the largest in terms of replies. Plus, the largest percentage of new topics on the other specialties under internal medicine is Heme/Onc related.

Lastly, the number of applicants for Heme/Onc is much larger than GI and Cardiology and they have their own subspecialty forum. This seems unfair.

Gut Onc, would you consider opening up a Heme/Onc section under internal medicine. I think most people will agree that Heme/Onc gets more people traffic and more applicants than GI.

Since GI (with fewer applicants and fewer traffic) has their own subspecialty section I believe Heme/Onc deserves one too. Heme/Onc interest has greatly increased in the last three to four years.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Plus it would remove some of the Heme/Onc specific questions that are in the Internal Medicine section.

It seems to me that many premeds, residents etc ask questions on the internal medicine section.

These threads could be moved to the Heme/Onc subspecialty section. Plus, the thread starters will see the new subspecialty section and will ask questions in that subspecialty section.

The thread title should be titled Heme/Onc Subspecialty section.

It seems to me that the Heme/Onc application thread has been the largest in terms of replies. Plus, the largest percentage of new topics on the other specialties under internal medicine is Heme/Onc related.

Lastly, the number of applicants for Heme/Onc is much larger than GI and Cardiology and they have their own subspecialty forum. This seems unfair.

Gut Onc, would you consider opening up a Heme/Onc section under internal medicine. I think most people will agree that Heme/Onc gets more people traffic and more applicants than GI.

Since GI (with fewer applicants and fewer traffic) has their own subspecialty section I believe Heme/Onc deserves one too. Heme/Onc interest has greatly increased in the last three to four years.

Thank you.

Agree with this idea...GutOnc/Admin should do something about it. It always take 6 transfers before I get to see Hemonc thread...

Under discussion by the mods now. I happen to think a separate Onc forum is overdue as well and will advocate for it (it's not my decision to make).

That said, I'm going to close this thread. There are more appropriate ways (PM or Help Desk) to ask for things than a public call out.

Status
Not open for further replies.