Hepatology Publication

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheRealBatmanMD

NeuroGod
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I just published a paper in Hepatology. The impact factor of the journal seems to be pretty high. However, does anyone know how reputable this journal is or how well known it is among physicians. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone. I just published a paper in Hepatology. The impact factor of the journal seems to be pretty high. However, does anyone know how reputable this journal is or how well known it is among physicians. Thank you!

It will not really matter. Among physicians, probably only those in the field know of the journal (e.g. for cardiologists it would be JACC or Circulation). There are a handful of clinical journals that all MDs not involved in research regularly peruse (Lancet, NEJM), and those involved in research mostly only know of journals in their field (other than Nature, Science, Cell, etc.). Congratulations on your publication!

I thought this said Herpetology at first.

I’m sure it’s relevant to the people who study and work in that field. Congratulations!