Here it goes - Defense Budget cuts from Obama

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lifetime2Drill

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea. A new guy comes, slash the budgets of one of the most important issues. Everyone is weaker in a transition.

I suppose this what happens when America vote a war experienced and military born commander in chief!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, look what happened not even a year in once Bush was in. If history repeats itself, which I hope it doesn't, should you increase spending?

so how will this affect military dentistry. I can only imagine them not building ~70 million dollar prisons and less manufacturing missiles?

Obama isn't spending LESS overall, he's just spending less on DEFENSE an actual constitutional governmental role. He's trying to spend nearly a trillion dollars with the bulk of it being on EARMARKS and Pork on democrat pet projects.

Obama - change is the new retread.

The thing that bothers me is that its going to come from weapons development. This isn't just researching new ways to destroy the enemy, its new ways to save our soldier's lives while accomplishing our objectives.

2012 - Vote for Change. Yes We Can.

Anyone know when we're supposed to see that 3-4% stipend increase I read about in a couple different places?

i think that is reviewed and increased every may

Anyone know when we're supposed to see that 3-4% stipend increase I read about in a couple different places?

The official stipend decision will take place in May and go into effect in July. It will be 75% of an O-1 pay - so look at the military pay tables that went into effect 1 january and you will be able to figure out what it will be.