Here to help- NBDE tests, Caapid, or any other application doubts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys,
My story- Internship completed in India in April 2013 and got admission in an international program in September 2013.
The past 1 year has been very hectic and the process is very tedious. So if anyone needs any help or advise, I'm here to help as much as I can.

hi
i m finishing my MDS from india in one month, also planning to migrate to US ( LA)
can u pl help me with what are my options in USA
i want any schools of california, are there any post grad options if i dnt want to do a DDS 2yr prog again

Members don't see this ad.

There are postgraduate options for which you'll have to match with colleges. There are advantages as well as disadvantages to these programs- such as there are a limited number of states where you can practice without a DDS.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The forums on SDN are consultants, no need to waste money on such things. I didn't take any classes for the bench test either, but that's your personal call.
The costs of applying are high, even the tests and classes, but it all pays out in the end, just make smart investments.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi.. Is there away i could be accepted in any of the CAAPID programmes with a 80 score in the toefl test, Other requirements are good.
It looks that this toefl result is not going to improve no mater what !!
Is there a hope?

No, 94 is not a great score. Just clearing minimum requirements won't give you acceptance. You'll be competing with other candidates with better credentials, so try to increase your credentials if possible.
archi, I have passed part 1 in second attemp do you think it affects my application?

can someone help me with these questions in the caapid application.
Q:.if we have worked as volunteer or have done observation under a US Dental Practitioner which category in the professional experience column we should mention that .

PLEASE SOMEONE REPLY

The forums on SDN are consultants, no need to waste money on such things. I didn't take any classes for the bench test either, but that's your personal call.
The costs of applying are high, even the tests and classes, but it all pays out in the end, just make smart investments.

Hi Gurjot. Congrats for Upenn and thanks for all the information ! I had doubt about the CAAPID application. In the question - 'Are you licensed to practice dentistry or another profession?' , should it be yes or no ? ( I'm a recently graduated dentist from India ) Also, it says if yes, indicate professional license held. What should be written there ?
Thanks again.

hi frens..does anyone know where should I mention dental assistant program ,infection control,cpr in the caapid?

infection control,cpr - can be mentioned in professional experience under other relevant information.
if you have a dental assistant degree/program from US mention that under academic history.

infection control,cpr - can be mentioned in professional experience under other relevant information.
if you have a dental assistant degree/program from US mention that under academic history.
thank u tinkerbell
can we mention dental assistant training also under academic history?? I'm also confused abt CDE courses..shld we write them under other relevant information?

CDE courses should be mentioned under other relevant information.
if you have taken dental assistant training (courses, and have a transcript) it should be part of academic history.
if you are getting paid or volunteering as a dental assistant then it should be mentioned under Professional Exp/Practice of Dentistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
CDE courses should be mentioned under other relevant information.
if you have taken dental assistant training (courses, and have a transcript) it should be part of academic history.
if you are getting paid or volunteering as a dental assistant then it should be mentioned under Professional Exp/Practice of Dentistry.
thanks a lott tinkerbell

Thank you Gurjot for all your help! I passed my part 1 and got my personal statement written from the person who's contact you gave. Thank you! do you think I should give part 2 too?

Hey guys,
My story- Internship completed in India in April 2013 and got admission in an international program in September 2013.
The past 1 year has been very hectic and the process is very tedious. So if anyone needs any help or advise, I'm here to help as much as I can.
Can you please tell me how early did you submit your application?, what was the ECE's GPA equivalence for your grades? and is it possible for you to share your personal statement!

You are such a kind person to be willing to help us all :)

hi gurjot...u wrote ur SOP was really appreciated, can u tell how long it was, i mean how many pages or words did u write... Also any particular aspects on which u emphasized...Kindly reply..it will be a big help... Thanks

Hi gurjot..i cleared my part1 and will b appearin for my part 2 on may 31.. And thn I hv to return to india..so wont b getting time for shadowing or work in usa..als I hv ssubmitted my caapid application and will upload my part 2 scores later on..do u think I stand a good chance without work experience here??? I hv a gpa of 3.83.,, 2 international awards for dentistry, 2 yr work experience in india and lots of volunteer work too..

Hi gurjot..i cleared my part1 and will b appearin for my part 2 on may 31.. And thn I hv to return to india..so wont b getting time for shadowing or work in usa..als I hv ssubmitted my caapid application and will upload my part 2 scores later on..do u think I stand a good chance without work experience here??? I hv a gpa of 3.83.,, 2 international awards for dentistry, 2 yr work experience in india and lots of volunteer work too..
You surely do. I know some seniors getting into school without any work experience here in US but having a good GPA and yours is really good and with the international awards and volunteer work back home you really do have a very good chance even without nbde part 2.

You surely do. I know some seniors getting into school without any work experience here in US but having a good GPA and yours is really good and with the international awards and volunteer work back home you really do have a very good chance even without nbde part 2.
Hey thanks so much for replying..and its really encouraging..:)

Hey guys! If your're an international dentist living in DC and interested in doing an internship at the American Implant Institute of Dentistry in Washington DC please e-mail us your resume at [email protected]. You'll learn a lot about implants and implant related products.

hi do anybody know about a matching form and is it compulsory to include it in lors and to be sent to colleges?
pls do reply me if you know.thanks

Matching forms are for LOR in paper format. If you are giving paper recommendations through CAAPID, You should fill out the details of the person who is recommending you and do not include their email id. Once you fill in the details you can print out the matching form from the website. I don't know though, if you can put the form outside the sealed lor or have to include it inside. You can ask CAAPID through e-mail. They are quite helpful and will reply within 24 hours.
Hope this helps!
so matching form is the one we have to fill the details of the respectful person and download from their website,
who are writing the lors for us. and it should be within the envelope cover along with lor thats it.
i really appreciate ur help thank you.:)

Is part 1 not enough to apply for dental school???

Am giving part I in June but am struggling with anatomy and microbiology.. are dental decks enough to pass the exam ?? Please need some help regarding what all to read

Hi, I am a dentist from India. I am taking my NBDE part 1 in june end. is it possible to prepare in a month? how many study hours should i put in? can we expect a lot of questions from first aid and asda papers ? any help will be appreciated. thanks.

Hi, I am a dentist from India. I am taking my NBDE part 1 in june end. is it possible to prepare in a month? how many study hours should i put in? can we expect a lot of questions from first aid and asda papers ? any help will be appreciated. thanks.
Sorry for replying so late! I want to help but dental school is keeping me very busy. It really depends how well versed you are with the part 1 topics. Usually 3-4 months is required because the subjects were covered long ago. The decks and ASDA papers cover most of the topics required for preparation. Good luck!

hi gurjot...u wrote ur SOP was really appreciated, can u tell how long it was, i mean how many pages or words did u write... Also any particular aspects on which u emphasized...Kindly reply..it will be a big help... Thanks
Hello, my SOP was appreciated in my interviews and was probably the reason I had success, but I did not write it. I had professional help to have it written! If you require the same help you can contact this professional who I contacted privately at [email protected]. His charges are very reasonable, Good luck!

Is part 1 not enough to apply for dental school???
It is enough to apply to programs but unfortunately with low success. Part 2 is usually necessary to have success in getting interview calls. Good luck!

Thank you Gurjot for all your help! I passed my part 1 and got my personal statement written from the person who's contact you gave. Thank you! do you think I should give part 2 too?
You should definitely take the part 2! I'm glad you received good help for your personal statement, it makes the world's difference in your application! Good luck!

thank you. also, can you guide me which colleges would be easiest to get into? m from minnesota. but getting into ufm is really tough. i have a green card, do they give considerations to residents at all. thanks.

It is enough to apply to programs but unfortunately with low success. Part 2 is usually necessary to have success in getting interview calls. Good luck!

Hi Gurjot. Could you please tell me if it's okay to apply to schools like Upenn now ? I heard there are rolling admissions so will it be worth applying this late ?
Thank you for all the help.

Hey guys,
Good job Drprabh!

Hi
Gurjot , congrats on your acheivment . Thank you for helping us , I have a doubt in caapid application , where do I fill that I have shadowing/volunteering hours with dentist here in US.
thanks in advance

How to write citation for publication in caapid application? Gurjot plzz help

Hi every one. I need your help for my situation.
The Pacific school just called to let me know that they have not received my CAPPID application yet. I called ADEA, they said they sent my CAAPID to Pacific already and they want to me to tell Pacific school to call them directly. However, Pacific school does not want to call ADEA. What should I do now? I am so stressful now! Please help me!!

Call CAPPED again and let them know what Pacific is saying

Hi
Gurjot , congrats on your acheivment . Thank you for helping us , I have a doubt in caapid application , where do I fill that I have shadowing/volunteering hours with dentist here in US.
thanks in advance
How to write citation for publication in caapid application? Gurjot plzz help
The CAAPID application has parts where you fill out your volunteer and research experience, including publications.

I am looking for part 2 ASDA Papers, if you have please share with me my mail [email protected]
Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using SDN Mobile

You do not need your BDS degree to apply to CAAPID but many colleges ask for it in their supplemental applications or after acceptance. I think only Columbia University asks for your license to practice.
I cant seem to find anything on the columbia university site about a IDP or PASS. Have they stopped the program?? Maybe I missed it. Can anyone post a link for my benefit please..Thanks

I cant seem to find anything on the columbia university site about a IDP or PASS. Have they stopped the program?? Maybe I missed it. Can anyone post a link for my benefit please..Thanks
They have a program document uploaded at caapid which mentions program starting 1/21/2015, but the advanced standing link on their website is not working anymore.
http://dental.columbia.edu/page/advanced-standing-non-us-trained-doctors
No one knows if they terminated it or doing some site changes. Whatever it is, their application deadline of 5/31/2014 is gone.

Hi Gurjot..... I have applied to upenn and couple of other schools..... My stats are part 1 and 2 pass, gpa 3.94 (ECE), 2 year experience in India, 3 month community service in India, 3 months shadowing in USA and currently volunteering as a dental assistent .....but there is one and half year of gap in my resume.... I am a reapplicant ......what else should I do to increase my chances to get into dental school

Just be as involved as much as possible in dentistry and volunteer projects. Use all resources available to you- applying once with an extraordinary application saves you more money and time than having to apply more than once with an application that is subpar.
Good luck!

Hi how can you keep yourself motivated ..one day it's easy 10 hours next its difficult to do even 5 question ... What should I do with myself... Family dosent understand what you are going through. How to self motivate . My nbde part one is in sept. Started my revision, things are forgotten n overwhelming.
Please help seniors