You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Hey Caver! (the equipment comparing thread, with pics)
Started by Epic
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
That looks like a war bunker.
I think he said 15 people lived in that house.
Here's your suit, Z.
All I can say is, I'm glad I do what I do for a living!
All I can say is, I'm glad I do what I do for a living!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's over-saturated.
What's wrong with wool collecting? Sounds like a noble profession.
What's wrong with wool collecting? Sounds like a noble profession.
Didn't say there was anything ignoble about it! I was quite in awe. In fact, I'm quite certain I'd be the one sprawled out on the floor if I had to straddle a sheep like that. 😱 😛
It's over-saturated.
Evidently not if they had to invite him from Australia to get'er done.
Evidently not if they had to invite him from Australia to get'er done.
Turned out to be 3 of them...a Pole, a Kiwi, and an Aussie. And they're travelling around Italy for the summer doing this.
They were excited to come across someone who spoke English!
Turned out to be 3 of them...a Pole, a Kiwi, and an Aussie. And they're travelling around Italy for the summer doing this.
They were excited to talk to someone who spoke English!
you should broke out in Swahili.
you should broke out in Swahili.
BabelFish doesn't do Swahili.
...a Pole, a Kiwi, and an Aussie. And they're travelling around Italy for the summer ......
Ok, so finish the joke.
Well ain't she perty!
Great to be back in the US of A.
Great to be back in the US of A.
Welcome back! Bring any sheep back with you?Well ain't she perty!
Great to be back in the US of A.
Well ain't she perty!
Great to be back in the US of A.
When's your next vacation? By my calculations, you should be leaving for ****ing Australia or some **** by Wednesday.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Well ain't she perty!
Great to be back in the US of A.
You need to learn to stay put.
So I got an inquiry if I would ship an item to Russia when my ad clearly states "No International Sale." I replied in Russian...I hope that's not a violation of Ebay Rule.
When's your next vacation? By my calculations, you should be leaving for ****ing Australia or some **** by Wednesday.
Well, let's see...I've got a business trip down to one of our pharmacies in South Florida coming up. But that's not for another 10 days. 😀
Works out I can save the company money by staying at my parents' place...and then I'll just stay for an extra couple days when I'm done with business. 👍
You need to learn to stay put.
How comes?
So I got an inquiry if I would ship an item to Russia when my ad clearly states "No International Sale." I replied in Russian...I hope that's not a violation of Ebay Rule.
Ask him what he's willing to send you in exchange.
How comes?
Aren't you tired?
Ask him what he's willing to send you in exchange.
Evidently he's Finnish. So We've been communicating back and forth in Finnish as his English is terrible. He said he must have the lens for sea kinds..whatever that means..
CAN WILL THINK ABOUT SENDING
TO ME IT IS NECESSARY SUCH FOR SEA KINDS
OR WILL SEND TO FINLAND
COUNT HOW MANY IT COSTS
And he keeps yelling...
But once I told him USPS International Priority is $50... he stopped sending me messages.
Aren't you tired?
I really just want to get home again. Got lots of other projects I want to do on the house...and lots of buckets of paint waiting for me too.
And he keeps yelling...
But once I told him USPS International Priority is $50... he stopped sending me messages.
Heh...I learned my lesson hard on that one. 🙁
Ordered my Dad an ipad2 for Father's day...but it missed me by a day before I left on my trip. So one of the pharmacists I work with offered to pick it up at FedEx, repackage it...and mail it to me in Italy. Priced it on FedEx, UPS and it would've been outrageous...like $180. USPS was "reasonable", like $50 as you said...so I said do it, because I have no idea when I'd see him next.
Wellllll...little did I know that I'd have to pay tax on it on the back end in Italy (US is one of the few countries that doesn't do this). Of course they tax based on value of the declared item...so I had to cough up 135 UROS to the mailman there to get the damn thing! And this for something that was going to stay in the country for like 5 days.
Ughhh, what a stupid move on my part. Learned my lesson!
I'd have to pay tax
You didn't know this??
All those ebay transactions...and all your travels, you didn't know there were tariffs when products are shipped to other countries...
What's wrong with you?
You didn't know this??
All those ebay transactions...and all your travels, you didn't know there were tariffs when products are shipped to other countries...
What's wrong with you?
Nope! Never been on the receiving end! And there's nothing to alert the sender who/how much tax will be assessed on the other end either....
You've been to It-lee 456 times and you don't know they make people pay tariffs on stuff sent from the US?
I stayed for a week with my step aunt in Columbus Ohio one year and I could have told you that.
I stayed for a week with my step aunt in Columbus Ohio one year and I could have told you that.
You've been to It-lee 456 times and you don't know they make people pay tariffs on stuff sent from the US?
I stayed for a week with my step aunt in Columbus Ohio one year and I could have told you that.
They never order or receive anything there! Whole town was abuzz when the package arrived. They all wanted to know what was inside and came knockin by the house to see...
Mail order sex toy probably isn't a big thing in that town then.
LOL. Could say it's a tool to shear the sheep.
LOL. Could say it's a tool to shear the sheep.
Sos you've given it some thought I see.
"Hey everybody, let's go stare at the Americans!"
Interesting. For as much as the world hates us, they sure are obsessed with us.
I think I might actually go to another continent. I'm planning on taking a trip to somewhere in December. Amsterdam, Moscow, and Dublin are in the lead currently.
I'm also going to buy one of those Sony NEX-3s when I sell my trailer here in the coming weeks. Small enough to fit in my wife's purse.
It was a bitch getting that thing ready for sale. Have you ever tried to get a Pepto-Bismol stain out of carpet? Impossible!
Interesting. For as much as the world hates us, they sure are obsessed with us.
I think I might actually go to another continent. I'm planning on taking a trip to somewhere in December. Amsterdam, Moscow, and Dublin are in the lead currently.
I'm also going to buy one of those Sony NEX-3s when I sell my trailer here in the coming weeks. Small enough to fit in my wife's purse.
It was a bitch getting that thing ready for sale. Have you ever tried to get a Pepto-Bismol stain out of carpet? Impossible!
I'm also going to buy one of those Sony NEX-3s when I sell my trailer here in the coming weeks. Small enough to fit in my wife's purse.
Sony is actually a good choice in Camera...sort of a sleeping giant of photography. But NEX-3 is a little bulky with the lens, aint it? You can stick a 30 year old Minolta Auto Focus lens on the sucker and it'll work. Sony-Minolta may take over the camera market one day.
It was a bitch getting that thing ready for sale. Have you ever tried to get a Pepto-Bismol stain out of carpet? Impossible!
Laminate Floor.
So why is it a french ebayer feels the need to ask me a question in french? he's asking if I'll ship to france... I typed "I would have if you didn't ask me in french..." I'm still debating if I should send that response.
It already pissed me off when people talked to me in french in Canada.
It already pissed me off when people talked to me in french in Canada.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
"Hey everybody, let's go stare at the Americans!"
Interesting. For as much as the world hates us, they sure are obsessed with us.
I think I might actually go to another continent. I'm planning on taking a trip to somewhere in December. Amsterdam, Moscow, and Dublin are in the lead currently.
I'm also going to buy one of those Sony NEX-3s when I sell my trailer here in the coming weeks. Small enough to fit in my wife's purse.
It was a bitch getting that thing ready for sale. Have you ever tried to get a Pepto-Bismol stain out of carpet? Impossible!
Never done A or M, but been to Dub and loved it. Something to be said about knowing the language, but being completely removed from communicating ability is interesting too if you feel up to the of challenge.
Pepto huh? Can't imagine it would've been tough to just lay some new carpet in the place?
It's a surprisingly nice morning in NY today! Suspect the same in Philly?
So why is it a french ebayer feels the need to ask me a question in french? he's asking if I'll ship to france... I typed "I would have if you didn't ask me in french..." I'm still debating if I should send that response.
It already pissed me off when people talked to me in french in Canada.
Hah...wth you selling that you're getting all these foreign inquiries???
Only time I get foreign ?'s is when I sell my World Cup album collector stuff every 4 years...
Not as much as you...Sos you've given it some thought I see.
Never done A or M, but been to Dub and loved it. Something to be said about knowing the language, but being completely removed from communicating ability is interesting too if you feel up to the of challenge.
They speak English just about everywhere in Europe it seems. They teach it as a mandatory class in all of Scandanavia. In fact, as a percentage, more Dutch speak English than Canadians. Russian would be tough though..only 5%. Handy guide.
Pepto huh? Can't imagine it would've been tough to just lay some new carpet in the place?
That's what I did. $100 for materials and hilljack labor (which is as cheap as Mexican labor.)
It's a surprisingly nice morning in NY today! Suspect the same in Philly?
It's cloudy. I haven't gone outside yet.
Sony is actually a good choice in Camera...sort of a sleeping giant of photography. But NEX-3 is a little bulky with the lens, aint it?
She carries a giant Coach purse, anyway.
They speak English just about everywhere in Europe it seems. They teach it as a mandatory class in all of Scandanavia. In fact, as a percentage, more Dutch speak English than Canadians. Russian would be tough though..only 5%. Handy guide.
That's what I did. $100 for materials and hilljack labor (which is as cheap as Mexican labor.)
It's cloudy. I haven't gone outside yet.
Yeah, I was thinking more Moscow. It's hard to pick up the local languages and practice in Europe because everyone wants to practice their English on YOU. You really have to go out into the smaller towns.
You on your 7 off now? When you going to head South and visit?
Hah...wth you selling that you're getting all these foreign inquiries???
Only time I get foreign ?'s is when I sell my World Cup album collector stuff every 4 years...
Photography is worldwide as y'know. And there are fantastic Indy videos on Vimeo from all over the world. Of course now I'm enamored with Michael Kenns's B&W film work.
I got 11 items on Ebay right now... the one receiving the most attention is Nikon 50mm F1.4 AI lens...but the front runner in $ is Vivitar 400mm F6.3 manual lens.. Don't ask me why...I hope they don't think it's an AF lens.
french was asking about nikomat camera with 28mm nikkor lens. Unfortunately due to the lens design, that particular lens doesn't fit EOS body. Also selling Takumar 50mm f1.4 because at infinity focus, it jams the mirror on my 5D. Selling one of the Canon FTb and Minotal X700. oh..and a golf club.
Yeah, I was thinking more Moscow. It's hard to pick up the local languages and practice in Europe because everyone wants to practice their English on YOU. You really have to go out into the smaller towns.
You on your 7 off now? When you going to head South and visit?
Until Monday evening. And I already did. You're just off in god knows where all the time.
![]()
She carries a giant Coach purse, anyway.
Well, say hello to the "Beer Can" it should work on the NEX.
You got 22 bids on the golf club, though. 👍
Until Monday evening. And I already did. You're just off in god knows where all the time.
Heh, well give me a heads up next time!
You got 22 bids on the golf club, though. 👍
Damn stalker.
Ebay stalker!You got 22 bids on the golf club, though. 👍
Damn stalker.
Stalking takes effort and time.
Figuring out what you're selling take a copy and paste with a Dallas, TX zip code.
My feedback's higher than your's. Ha ha. I win.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Demanding people have 5 feedback is lame, too. With Paypal, either they pay or they don't...upon which you can just relist for free if they don't...
I see you bought something called a "BESELER DICHRO 67S2 ENLARGER."
Now we know where this idea of sending certain "personal" items to Italy comes from.
Now we know where this idea of sending certain "personal" items to Italy comes from.
Good thing he doesn't have any sheep shearing equipment listed!
Demanding people have 5 feedback is lame, too. With Paypal, either they pay or they don't...upon which you can just relist for free if they don't...
It prevents potential scammers from messing with you... like the dood from Belarus who just signed up..
I see you bought something called a "BESELER DICHRO 67S2 ENLARGER."
Now we know where this idea of sending certain "personal" items to Italy comes from.
That's a darkroom enlarger for color prints you dummy.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 439
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 561