Hey guys... avatar change!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Changed mine a few weeks back, but feeling quite meta today by posting here while wearing this shirt ^.^

Members don't see this ad.

Changed my avatar (as well as my signature) a few days ago :) I'm making a custom license plate frame that quotes my signature lol...

Changed mine a couple days ago.... I can't get enough of Elf...

Members don't see this ad :)
Really. That movie was hilarious the first time I watched it.
funny the second time I watched it.
ok the third time I watched it.
stupid the 4th time I watched it.
unwatchable after that.

It has a Deschanel in it, so it can't be too bad...

This is s spider monkey I met in Costa Rica named Bubbles. We bonded: he tried to steal my water bottle and we held hands as I toured the wildlife reserve.

Corporate Fat Cat is getting a lot of heat with all of this Occupy Wallstreet business, so he's in his secret hideout...counting the moneys....

Change of avatar. I love toothless, but I couldn't help but use this picture of my kitty, I think she is trying to do an impression of a bat. I also entered her picture into a cute pet photo contest if anyone wants to vote on it, or enter their own picture. ;)

Here is the link to her picture in the contest: http://gapc-vote.com/?c=multi&p=590589

Change of avatar. I love toothless, but I couldn't help but use this picture of my kitty, I think she is trying to do an impression of a bat. I also entered her picture into a cute pet photo contest if anyone wants to vote on it, or enter their own picture. ;)

Here is the link to her picture in the contest: http://gapc-vote.com/?c=multi&p=590589
Cute kitty! But still, I think I identify you as toothless. If I met you at interviews, I'd expect a toothless shirt or silly hat.... Naw just kidding, I know we'd be all professionally dressed but still...

Members don't see this ad :)
Decided it was time to switch to the pony.
Meet Mr. Mirage, the naughty baby arab

You know, I had just thought earlier today that you'd had that avatar for a long time and I was surprised you hadn't changed it. Maybe if vet school doesn't work out I can become a psychic...

Your pony is adorable. :)

You know, I had just thought earlier today that you'd had that avatar for a long time and I was surprised you hadn't changed it. Maybe if vet school doesn't work out I can become a psychic...

Your pony is adorable. :)

Do you promise to see a tall/dark/handsome millionaire in my future? because I will be your first customer!

Probably gonna have to shop down the width to that teensy 160 pix they limit us to. You can probably get away with too-tall ones but the wide ones mess with the formatting. :rolleyes:

Oh, I changed mine too. I just didn't post. Tsk tsk.

Mine is hard to see I guess but it's my dog sticking her tongue out while my cat tries to whack her... not even sure how I managed to capture it lol.

Can you widen that so we can see it better?

Trying at the moment... slow computer at work :oops:

Edit: That will have to do until I can get home to the original picture on my mac. Tried to lighten it up a bit too.

Last edited:
IT STINKS!! I loved this show when I was a kid, could not understand many of the jokes, but loved the physical humour and I now find it funnier today that I can understand all the adult jokes.

Probably gonna have to shop down the width to that teensy 160 pix they limit us to. You can probably get away with too-tall ones but the wide ones mess with the formatting. :rolleyes:

Oh, I changed mine too. I just didn't post. Tsk tsk.

The good ol' Corgis :love:

Just read this response with no context. Smaller than the average member. Immature giggle snort ensued.

hehe... I hope mine is "smaller" considering it's non-existent ;)

Now that the Christmas season is over, it was time for a change. My new avatar is my girl Sophie and her enormous ears.

Since the Crimmus season is over, I figured it's time for a change...

...annd the chinchilla (sans Santa hat) was my ORIGINAL avatar from 2007! :eek:
So now, I give you...a Nordicat! Well, a cat getting poo'd on by a snowy tree, anyway.

ETA: OMG WTF WHY IS IT HUGE?!?!? (Deleted it for now...will have to resize on a "real" computer!)

Last edited:
Finally got a nice picture of my two boys together. Samson, the big hairy guy, and Remix, the "baby" two year old, who is now taller than Samson. They grow up so fast!

Just using an avatar for the first time today! It's a picture of my kitty that passed away in September :( bittersweet though... when I look at the picture I just think about how great she was and how much I loved her!

Just using an avatar for the first time today! It's a picture of my kitty that passed away in September :( bittersweet though... when I look at the picture I just think about how great she was and how much I loved her!

Awwww, love the picture, spoon. She's precious. Reminds me of my own cat a bit. Sympathies for your loss. She looks like a real sweetheart.:love:

Awwww, love the picture, spoon. She's precious. Reminds me of my own cat a bit. Sympathies for your loss. She looks like a real sweetheart.:love:

Thanks :) Her name was actually Sweetie hehe.. she was a stray that I found in the woods when I was a little girl.. she was the best little kitty! :love:

I love all of the new avatar changes!!! I should probably find a nice one. I'd really like a moving one but I'm not that technologically clever....
Thanks :) Her name was actually Sweetie hehe.. she was a stray that I found in the woods when I was a little girl.. she was the best little kitty! :love:

AWWWWW what a doll. :biglove: My girl, M&M, is also a stray.

Last edited:
I love all of the new avatar changes!!! I should probably find a nice one. I'd really like a moving one but I'm not that technologically clever....
Lame comment alert!!!!

If I can figure out how to do it (with TT's help) anyone can figure out how to do it (with TT's help).

Kay, just cause SOV motivated me. It doesn't move but she is the primary love of my life.

Aww, she's a cutie, kaydubs.

Sorry for your loss of your kitty, Spoon, definitely a sweetie, and I'm glad you had good times together.

Last edited:
thanks for the insight, TT.

and thanks, katsmiaow - it's a bit dated (it might be 3 years old actually now that I think about it!:laugh:) but the only one I had on my FB account haha. I've been photodocumenting a ton since she won't be making the trek with me this fall. I'm gonna miss her like crazy!!!

Changed my avatar!

Changed for several reasons:
1) Reflects my current research interests
2) Felt like a change
3) My cousin is going into a prevalent area and I just spent all break telling her about the parasite :laugh:

eta: first person to guess what it is gets a prize!

Changed my avatar!

2) Felt like a change
3) My cousin is going into a prevalent area and I just spent all break telling her about the parasite :laugh:

trypanosome!

Changed my avatar!

2) Felt like a change

Trypanosoma cruzi?

Just changed mine to my crazy mutt doing what we call her "double lip face" :D
Love her :love:

Changed my avatar!

2) Felt like a change

Hmmm... I'm going to go with Trypanosoma brucei gambiense only because I like it better than its cousin. But, given that you're likely doing your research State side, Lissarae06 has likely hit it spot on. Regardless, loving the avatar! Same goes out to Bismark (although I miss the spiffy hat!). Yes, yes, I'm a nerd... :p

Last edited:
Trypanosoma cruzi?

Yea!! You get a dancing banana as a prize! :banana:

Nice job everyone else! :D

TT, I haven't heard of Trypanosoma rangeli before... what does it cause? (scampers off to do some research)