Hey residents, remember we need to be united at the end!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TecmoBowl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured a general residency forum would be the best place.

I just wanted to say that as you embark on or finish your training (I finished '07), remember to pay attention to the political issues surrounding not just your field of practice, but Medicine as a whole.

Remember that Insurance Companies, Hospital Administrators and now, Politicians who've found their way into Medicine, want us to be divided, because that's the best scenario to push agendas in.

For instance, imagine, you an Internist or an Endocrinologist, can't bill for your consult. Imagine that in some ridiculous way, a surgical patient's care/hospital costs are divided up by the Payor throwing one set "pie" that we have to divvy up amongst ourselves.

It's like throwing a bone with some meat, to a pack of hungry dogs.

Remember, we have to stay united. This will mean sacrifices, as in setting and remaining within "scopes of practice" to prevent "turf" wars amongst ourselves. It will probably mean some make more, others make less, but the most important part is that we have to STICK TOGETHER.

Bogged down in Residency, you just may not be aware of how things are changing so rapidly, without your input.

You were all smart enough to be Doctors, and we know what it takes, but now is the critical time to be attentive.

For example, just look into the DNP degree, and see what I mean. DNP means Doctors of Nursing Practice. Say hello to your nurse, I mean... Doctor!

Stay informed. We are in the fight of our lives!

Members don't see this ad.

Good post.

It's as easy as writing a letter or contacting your Congressman.

Whenever I hear people complain, I ask them if they contacted their elected officials about this. If they didn't they I remind them that complaining without doing something about it is pathetic.

Hey all,

For example, just look into the DNP degree, and see what I mean. DNP means Doctors of Nursing Practice. Say hello to your nurse, I mean... Doctor!

GOTTA agree wholeheartedly, this is our lives, our livelihood at stake
I say it is time we get some people lobbying for us in washington

DNPs have lawyers, ets working hard on their side, what do we have but this forum.

I hope we can all brainstorm to devise a way to make our case heard.
no more nurses playing doctor!!!

Hey all,

I wasn't sure where to post this, so I figured a general residency forum would be the best place.

I just wanted to say that as you embark on or finish your training (I finished '07), remember to pay attention to the political issues surrounding not just your field of practice, but Medicine as a whole.

Remember that Insurance Companies, Hospital Administrators and now, Politicians who've found their way into Medicine, want us to be divided, because that's the best scenario to push agendas in.

For instance, imagine, you an Internist or an Endocrinologist, can't bill for your consult. Imagine that in some ridiculous way, a surgical patient's care/hospital costs are divided up by the Payor throwing one set "pie" that we have to divvy up amongst ourselves.

It's like throwing a bone with some meat, to a pack of hungry dogs.

Remember, we have to stay united. This will mean sacrifices, as in setting and remaining within "scopes of practice" to prevent "turf" wars amongst ourselves. It will probably mean some make more, others make less, but the most important part is that we have to STICK TOGETHER.

Bogged down in Residency, you just may not be aware of how things are changing so rapidly, without your input.

You were all smart enough to be Doctors, and we know what it takes, but now is the critical time to be attentive.

Are DNP's allowed to identify themselves as Doctors now?

Are DNP's allowed to identify themselves as Doctors now?

yes and they make no qualms about it . Sad that they don't know how much they don't know . This is professional dishonesty to say the least .