HG/HP WW sign ups

Started by kaydubs
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Harry Potter vs. Hunger Games vs. Don't know/care

  • The Boy Who Lived

    Votes: 23 67.6%
  • The Odds are Never in Our Favor

    Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Don't know/care

    Votes: 4 11.8%

  • Total voters
    34
Ugh sorry guys, got called into ICU last night and didn't get home until 5am (was up for 23 hrs straight) and slept most of today.

Honestly haven't read the whole thread, but it seems like everyone thinks I should lynch gwen
 
I'm pretty curious to see if silencing is still going on. I was silenced yesterday, but was allowed to vote via PM. I was told that someone/thing bit me and that it would only last for the day cycle, so when Dev died, I though that maybe it was her that did it. But if people are still getting silenced, then someone else might have a silencing ability.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am here and I did post yesterday a couple times... I had no sleep and have had to be at work since 7AM so back in time to

***lynch gwen***

And hoping to be more active tomorrow after I get some sleep but I'm feeling a little lost in the game.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Today, most students were busy studying for a big Charms exam. Some (@Trilt & @orca2011 ) were working on transfiguring their flobberworms into self-filling wine glasses. One mod was particularly cranky (possibly all this flippin' traveling!) and still is - where's a Port Key when I need one? One player who was silenced for two days (and blocked for one; both unfortunate occurrences), @Gwenevre , was frustrated, unable to speak to anyone beside the mods (whom she didn't speak much to despite encouragement). She took matters into her own hands, PMing another player despite her silence. The grumpy mod was considering letting this slide and allow the silenced Gwen survive. Her fellow co-mod suggested that this was punishable. And a nearly unanimous lynch vote agreed with the latter mod. Dead is @Gwenevre , the Giant Squid who could survive 2 wolf kill attempts.
latest


32 players remain.

Gryffindor
1. @hedgiehog
2. @LetItSnow
3. @Lupin21
4. @DVMDream
5. @Flim Flam Man
6. @heyyimhayley
7. Devastating- Peruvian Vipertooth
8. @Kam325
9. @kcoughli
27. @thedrjojo

Ravenclaw
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @alohacat319
12. @SummerTheLynx
13. @Mad Jack
14. @WildZoo
15. @orca2011
16. @katashark
17. Gwenevre - Giant Squid
18. @finnickthedog

Slytherin
19. @BrownSwissCows
20. @Filly Bay
21. @BeautifulBritishColumbia
22. @Jamr0ckin
23. @guisantes
24. @hazelmoo
25. @StartingoverVet
26. lhmhtd- Moke

Hufflepuff
28. @Cyndia
29. Jilary - Flesh-Eating Slug/Flobberworm
30. @morninqlory
31. @Teepster87
32. @genny
33. @Zensing
34. @WhtsThFrequency
35. @98cats
36. @Trilt

Night 3 deadline is 10am Eastern (I need more sleep, so sue me).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I might have figured out the colors. May need more bodies to confirm though. (And I've never read these books either). I think green are assorted animals, and brown (orange?) are dragons. Im assuming humans will have their own separate as well.
 
In WW what is a faction?

Or have we added to the young adult book theme and brought Divergent into the mix?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
some games have groups that have win conditions other than simply village v wolf. I don't think that is the case in this game however, I think the colors just represent different character roles in the game. At least, I imagine I will be green as there was no mention of faction or any win conditions.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
some games have groups that have win conditions other than simply village v wolf. I don't think that is the case in this game however, I think the colors just represent different character roles in the game. At least, I imagine I will be green as there was no mention of faction or any win conditions.
Can't hide from you, my co-mod soulmate
 
In Chicago (for like two hours now but had to socialize when i arrived). Driving to Michigan tomorrow plus hanging out here for a bit first so not sure if I'll be around much.

My poor spreadsheet is so out of date now... sigh. Come Monday evening I should be better caught up with things.

Sorry Gwen. At least now we know there's a silencing mechanic not affiliated with jilary s self defense acid.

Sent from my VS876 using SDN mobile
 
Despite the professor's warnings to stay inside, more students than ever before decided to wander Hogwarts last night. Unfortunately, this also meant that more students than ever were in danger.

Tonight starts with @SummerTheLynx, who was investigating, stealing, what have you. We all know that sometimes his logic is a little faulty, but he usually comes to the correct conclusion regardless. At Hogwarts, he'd been using those powers to search out items. No matter where he looked, he found shiny things! On the grounds, in the castle, in people's pockets... Someone finally got mad with the rampant item theft. When STL went on the grounds to look, someone baited a snare with gobstones and left him to die.
61143b300990c3c9dbb6de98dd57657b.jpg

Dead is @SummerTheLynx, niffler, who could steal items.

STL was not the only one attacked. @kcoughli was flying around the castle when someone was drawn to her brightly-colored plumage. Before she could react, a powerful Incendio blasted her to ashes. Her attacker left her for dead. Surely, no one could survive that attack.
tumblr_nqgmxyI1lR1rl3reso1_250.gif

Luckily, you can't keep a good phoenix down (heh).

Even that wasn't all that happened. A new statue was discovered in the grounds today. No one could identify the subject, but its attitude of sheer terror was easy to see. Who could have been petrified?

31 players remain. NOTE MOVEMENT TO NEW HOUSES.

Gryffindor
1. @hedgiehog
2. @LetItSnow
3. @Lupin21
4. @DVMDream
5. @Flim Flam Man
6. @heyyimhayley
7. Devastating- Peruvian Vipertooth
8. @Kam325
9. @kcoughli
27. @thedrjojo
21. @BeautifulBritishColumbia

Ravenclaw
10. @PrincessButterCup
11. @alohacat319
12. SummerTheLynx - Niffler
13. @Mad Jack
14. @WildZoo
15. @orca2011
16. @katashark
17. Gwenevre - Giant Squid
18. @finnickthedog

Slytherin
19. @BrownSwissCows
20. @Filly Bay
22. @Jamr0ckin
23. @guisantes
24. @hazelmoo
25. @StartingoverVet
26. lhmhtd- Moke

Hufflepuff
28. @Cyndia
29. Jilary - Flesh-Eating Slug/Flobberworm
30. @morninqlory
31. @Teepster87
32. @genny
33. @Zensing
34. @WhtsThFrequency
35. @98cats
36. @Trilt

Day 4 deadline is 9pm Eastern.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad