High GPA Low MCAT, chances with TMDSAS and baylor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pinkydodo123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT 514 overall : 131(P/C), 130(Biology), 124(CARS), 129(P/S)
GPA: 4.0 overall
I'm from University of Connecticut but have residency in Texas because my parents moved there.
I've had research experience for 3 years both in basic and clinical research.
I also did a summer internship at Houston Methodist shadowing a neurosurgeon
I volunteered about 120 hours
Served as CFO for medicine society, and about to serve as a Mentoring chair for STEM society

My reach is definitely Baylor but my MCAT score is not that high...I would be happy to get into UH as well

Members don't see this ad.

Any pubs? Are you URM? Id say Baylor is a reach UH is more in line with your app.

Baylor's medians are 515/3.9, so your stats are competitive. Since they interview a very generous chunk of instate apps (27%) I think your odds of an interview are solid. Can't comment on acceptance odds though since that depends a lot on the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that in-state Texans usually do very well for in-state schools, especially for such a high GPA. I'm a bit worried about the 124 in CARS as that is 7/8 territory.

I think that in-state Texans usually do very well for in-state schools, especially for such a high GPA. I'm a bit worried about the 124 in CARS as that is 7/8 territory.
For every school in Texas not named Baylor, a single 124 in CARS won’t kill them. Baylor might have a problem with it, as it’s below the 10th percentile by 2 points