High GPA, Low MCAT School List Help

Started by gigijhjj
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gigijhjj

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys, I have read many WAMC posts and found a lot of you are very insightful. I would very appreciate for any of you to give some suggestions about the school list.

College: pretty good research university
sGPA: 3.98
CGPA: 3.98
MCAT 508 (130/124/127/127)
I know my cars may lead me to be automatically screened out for many schools, but I rly don't want to retake.... :dead:
Strong LOR

ECs:
Volunteer: hospital (500+ hrs), nonclinical (200+ hrs)
Medical Assistant for a year
shadowing ~150hrs
SI leader

Asian, grew up in Asia, but have permanent resident

What are some mid/high tier MD school I still have a shot? Love to hear all your suggestions!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I suggest these schools with your stats:
Kaiser
California University
Loma Linda
UC Irvine
UC Davis
UC Riverside (if you are from that region)
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Albany
Seton Hall
Penn State
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
George Washington
Georgetown
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Wayne State
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
St. Louis
Creighton
Tulane
TCU-UNT