High Point University-Interview Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmd'20

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
I have interviewed with a couple of schools, got in, and ultimately chose HPU as the university I will be attending in 2016 for the PharmD program offered there. I know this is interview season so I'm happy to answer any questions regarding the HPU interview process.

Members don't see this ad.

Thats is awesome, I am seriously considering HPU! Do you have all of your pre reqs done and what were your stats? Thanks!
Hi all,
I have interviewed with a couple of schools, got in, and ultimately chose HPU as the university I will be attending in 2016 for the PharmD program offered there. I know this is interview season so I'm happy to answer any questions regarding the HPU interview process.

Reactions: 1 user
Thats is awesome, I am seriously considering HPU! Do you have all of your pre reqs done and what were your stats? Thanks!

I have all my prerequisite done except microbiology, which I'll take in the spring. I decided to go ahead and get my Biology degree while in undergrad as some of the prerequisite courses applied to it. As for stats my GPA was not very impressive, about a 3.0 but my pcat composit score was a 70 as my highest ones. If you haven't gotten a chance to go see the campus and talk to the faculty there I suggest you make arrangements for that.

Members don't see this ad :)
When did you submit your application/when did you hear back for an interview? I applied a week ago and haven't heard back. I assumed interviews would start next semester. Also how do you feel about the accreditation?

I submitted my application through pharmcas at the end of July, it took a while for them to calculate my GPA and verify my application. The beginning of September was when my application was verified. I applied to HPU soon after that, September 7th, and heard back about an interview on the 23rd, for an interview on the 28th. I would contact them if you are really interested in attending. They are very helpful and enthusiastic about this first class, at least that is what I have gathered from my interview and from visiting.
As for the accreditation, I am not concerned about it. As it was explained to me they are on track to be accredited.

Great. Thanks! Also, from my research I see that the new Pharmacy/Health Sciences building won't be finished until 2017. Did they mention where class would be held until that time? I assume in the existing undergraduate buildings?

Great. Thanks! Also, from my research I see that the new Pharmacy/Health Sciences building won't be finished until 2017. Did they mention where class would be held until that time? I assume in the existing undergraduate buildings?

Yes, it will be held in one of their newest buildings. Its a pretty cool building actually, very professional looking and even has a Starbucks inside it. I think it is called Cottrell Hall if you wish to look it up that should help.

What was the interview writing portion about. also how was the math assessment test.

What was the interview writing portion about. also how was the math assessment test.
The math part is nothing to stress about. It was just basic math, conversion sort of thing and pharmacy based questions like dosing and proportions. The writing, also pharmacy based, was just a prompt about how different aspects of pharmacy work hand in hand with each other. So none of it was anything to study for, just more problem solving type things.

yea i see the writing porition could be easy but did you have like 30 min to write it. also how about the interview. what kind of questions they asked.

does the interviewer reviewed the application before the interview. so they were asking specific questions. or they were just asking general questions to everyone. that's what i meant by what kind of question asked.

yea i see the writing porition could be easy but did you have like 30 min to write it. also how about the interview. what kind of questions they asked.
Yes, the writing portion was timed, 20 or 30 minutes if I remember correctly. The interview questions were along the lines of "why do you want to be a pharmacist" as well as some situational questions like "what would you do if..." sort of thing. The interviews are one-on-one and then there is a group interview in which you go through a couple of case studies with other people who are being interviewed to work things through as a team.

does the interviewer reviewed the application before the interview. so they were asking specific questions. or they were just asking general questions to everyone. that's what i meant by what kind of question asked.
They do look at your application ahead of time and may ask something off of that, but it really is more general. You also have time to ask questions as well if you have any at that point.

Members don't see this ad :)
alright thank you man. that's really generous from you. i have already went for my interview a week ago and i got accepted. you know if i went there, i will make sure to know you personally.
did you apply somewhere else. I also had another question for you about the accreditation is that something you worry about.
let me know thank for your response.

alright thank you man. that's really generous from you. i have already went for my interview a week ago and i got accepted. you know if i went there, i will make sure to know you personally.
did you apply somewhere else. I also had another question for you about the accreditation is that something you worry about.
let me know thank for your response.
Girl actually. But you're welcome, sorry I didn't respond until after your interview. And congrats for getting in! I applied to all of the NC Pharmacy schools. I got into Campbell as well, but ultimatly chose HPU. The accreditation I am not too worried about, they seem to be very on track with it. In the end to me what matters is the education I will get from my experience there, and with the smaller class size and only class for the first year I feel like this is my best bet.

I was contemplating applying to this program because it's not accredited and when I called the staff wasn't all that friendly and really didn't seem ready to answer questions.

I was contemplating applying to this program because it's not accredited and when I called the staff wasn't all that friendly and really didn't seem ready to answer questions.
I had a different experience. They seemed very nice. I found it easier to email and schedule an appointment to ask questions.

The math part is nothing to stress about. It was just basic math, conversion sort of thing and pharmacy based questions like dosing and proportions. The writing, also pharmacy based, was just a prompt about how different aspects of pharmacy work hand in hand with each other. So none of it was anything to study for, just more problem solving type things.
Do you think they will be accredited before the first class entering in Fall 2016 graduates? Is that even possible to get accreditation before the first class graduates?

Do you think they will be accredited before the first class entering in Fall 2016 graduates? Is that even possible to get accreditation before the first class graduates?
I want to say it's supposed to happen simultaneously with graduating....like about the same time. But I don't know for sure. I'd email them and ask.

I want to say it's supposed to happen simultaneously with graduating....like about the same time. But I don't know for sure. I'd email them and ask.
One last question, how many people were there the day you interviewed? (An estimate)

Girl actually. But you're welcome, sorry I didn't respond until after your interview. And congrats for getting in! I applied to all of the NC Pharmacy schools. I got into Campbell as well, but ultimatly chose HPU. The accreditation I am not too worried about, they seem to be very on track with it. In the end to me what matters is the education I will get from my experience there, and with the smaller class size and only class for the first year I feel like this is my best bet.
I am trying to get admission fall of 2017 to either Wingate or high point what was your gpa and pcat score if you don't mind sharing . I'm trying to decide if I should apply for early admission or regular or if I should wait to bring up my gpa

I am trying to get admission fall of 2017 to either Wingate or high point what was your gpa and pcat score if you don't mind sharing . I'm trying to decide if I should apply for early admission or regular or if I should wait to bring up my gpa
I am not sure if they are on track with accreditation. I looked on the ACPE website, it says they did an evaluation visit last fall, but then the university asked ACPE to disregard the evaluation report and do another visit this year. So I am guessing that the first report was not positive, not sure how significant that is, does anyone have any more info?

Is it true the pharmacy ,armed in North Carolina is becoming staurated

Hi all,
Have they given you any information about the accreditation status? It is listed right now as "NO ACPE status" I thought they needed to have pre-candidate status in order to enroll students but may be wrong about that.

Does anyone know the tuition cost (estimated) at HPU Pharmacy? I couldn't find any information on the website.

39k/ year. i was accepted and saw details. declined offer

Firstly, congratulations to you! I hope something better comes up and you find a less costly school. It sad to say that 39K a year is almost good for a Pharmacy (private) school. Chapman is 70K a year tuition!!! I just can't believe that! Thanks for the information though, it's nice to keep it in mind.