This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medigurl234

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I have yet to receive a single interview from any of the dental schools I have applied to. I just want to get someone else’s opinion on my chances since I’m in panic mode.

School List:
Harvard submitted June 26
UCLA submitted June 26
UCSF - rejected sept 1
WesternU- submitted both primary and secondary end of June
USC submitted June 26
UoP submitted June 26
Upenn submitted June 26
UPitt submitted June 26
Temple (submitted mid July)
Touro (submitted end of aug)
Roseman (submitted beginning of sept)
LECOM submitted in August

Stats:
I took all of my prereqs at CC
But I have taken genetics and a few other upper division biology courses and biochemistry at UCLA

Cumulative gpa : 3.93
Science GPA: 3.89

DAT: 26AA 25TS 26Ochem 24Genchem
27BIO 30RC 22QR 21PAT

I have more than 1000 hours of shadowing with only about 40 from a second dental office over the course of 2.5 years

I am currently working as an assistant at the same office I shadowed so many hours at

I have about 600 hours of volunteering

432 are from being a camp counselor at a sleep away camp for a few years

The rest are from tutoring, writing cards to pediatric cancer patients, handing out oral hygiene kits to homeless individuals, and stuff like that

I had my personal statement read by two current dental students and a lawyer that does review

I am pretty close to all my letter writers since I had been in contact with them for years

Anyone got any insight ? I’m getting nervous

Members don't see this ad.

It's could be one of two things:
1. the fact that all your prerequisites were taken at a CC and not a four year university
2. In your written responses (personal statement, supplemental essays, etc.) you don't sound interesting, which is something I've always struggled with

Reactions: 1 user
It's could be one of two things:
1. the fact that all your prerequisites were taken at a CC and not a four year university
2. In your written responses (personal statement, supplemental essays, etc.) you don't sound interesting, which is something I've always struggled with
Hey everyone,

I have yet to receive a single interview from any of the dental schools I have applied to. I just want to get someone else’s opinion on my chances since I’m in panic mode.

School List:
Harvard submitted June 26
UCLA submitted June 26
UCSF - rejected sept 1
WesternU- submitted both primary and secondary end of June
USC submitted June 26
UoP submitted June 26
Upenn submitted June 26
UPitt submitted June 26
Temple (submitted mid July)
Touro (submitted end of aug)
Roseman (submitted beginning of sept)
LECOM submitted in August

Stats:
I took all of my prereqs at CC
But I have taken genetics and a few other upper division biology courses and biochemistry at UCLA

Cumulative gpa : 3.93
Science GPA: 3.89

DAT: 26AA 25TS 26Ochem 24Genchem
27BIO 30RC 22QR 21PAT

I have more than 1000 hours of shadowing with only about 40 from a second dental office over the course of 2.5 years

I am currently working as an assistant at the same office I shadowed so many hours at

I have about 600 hours of volunteering

432 are from being a camp counselor at a sleep away camp for a few years

The rest are from tutoring, writing cards to pediatric cancer patients, handing out oral hygiene kits to homeless individuals, and stuff like that

I had my personal statement read by two current dental students and a lawyer that does review

I am pretty close to all my letter writers since I had been in contact with them for years

Anyone got any insight ? I’m getting nervous
the negotiator has a good point about the CC prereqs

in addition, your school list includes 5 of the most difficult to get into dental schools, and then the rest (except for temple and pitt) are very expensive private schools, many of which may feel your stats are too high for them (they believe you will go to a cheaper public school)
and i am guessing you are from california, so temple and pitt know you are likely to go to a west coast/cali school...

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
the negotiator has a good point about the CC prereqs

in addition, your school list includes 5 of the most difficult to get into dental schools, and then the rest (except for temple and pitt) are very expensive private schools, many of which may feel your stats are too high for them (they believe you will go to a cheaper public school)
and i am guessing you are from california, so temple and pitt know you are likely to go to a west coast/cali school...
that said, trust the process
it's still not very far into the cycle...

Reactions: 2 users
if youre super worried you can add more private schools if you have the money for it. Also some schools dont accept cc did you make sure all the schools you applied to do?
its way too early to be worried, stay off the internet, keep yourself busy. i know its easier said then done.

I'm not so worried about CC coursework, but you mention your other upper level UCLA coursework. How many years of coursework is this, and what specifically were your upper level classes?

Otherwise, it can definitely be your written materials.

trust the process...

I'm not so worried about CC coursework, but you mention your other upper level UCLA coursework. How many years of coursework is this, and what specifically were your upper level classes?

Otherwise, it can definitely be your written materials.
After transferring from my CC, I was enrolled at UCLA for 2 years. I took upper division biochemistry, evolutionary biology, developmental biology, genetics, psychobiology, and behavioral neuroscience

if youre super worried you can add more private schools if you have the money for it. Also some schools dont accept cc did you make sure all the schools you applied to do?
its way too early to be worried, stay off the internet, keep yourself busy. i know its easier said then done.
I'm about to withdraw my applications because I submitted all of them in mid-July and I've only received 1 interview invite lol

I'm about to withdraw my applications because I submitted all of them in mid-July and I've only received 1 interview invite lol
please don’t do that you already paid for it. 1 interview is great you’re in a good position! it is still way too early, last cycle i got my first interview in nov and the next one in feb. although i didn’t get in it is still the beginning of the cycle, no need for panic. try to keep yourself busy doing the things you enjoy.

please don’t do that you already paid for it. 1 interview is great you’re in a good position! it is still way too early, last cycle i got my first interview in nov and the next one in feb. although i didn’t get in it is still the beginning of the cycle, no need for panic. try to keep yourself busy doing the things you enjoy.
It's at Nova, which isn't saying much to be honest (especially since I interviewed there last cycle)