Higher than you thought?

Started by specialk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

specialk

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did anyone make higher than expected on the April MCAT? I mean, I know some of you were pleasantly surprised, but were there some of you who couldn't believe that they did so well? Just trying to make myself feel a little better before the scores come out.
 
I magically did 5 points better on the real thing than I did on AAMC VI, which I took one week earlier. Anything's possible.
 
Originally posted by mws99
I magically did 5 points better on the real thing than I did on AAMC VI, which I took one week earlier. Anything's possible.

yeah, but did u find the real test easier when u were taking it? or did u leave the center worried? or what? sorry, just wondering...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
when i left the test i had in mind a range of possible scores, all equally tenable to me (5 point range) - and i got a score that was a point higher than my upper guess. i thought the test was a bit harder than the aamc ones i took, so i didn't know what to think - but i knew the curve would help. just wait and see - closer closer closer goodluck

-jot
 
Originally posted by athena21
yeah, but did u find the real test easier when u were taking it? or did u leave the center worried? or what? sorry, just wondering...

I thought I bombed it. When I took all my practice tests, I graded them within 5 minutes of finishing so I had no time to really reflect on the test without any idea of my score. But after the real thing, I could think of nothing but the questions that were difficult and assumed the worst.
 
lol, I magically went up 6 points from AAMC V (controlled, timed, full-effort) one week before the MCAT to the actual MCAT. 2 point increase in each sub-section. On practice exams I was consistantly around 30. I thought I bombed the VR section. Dude, it was 2 easy, 2 moderate, and 5 HARD passages. The hardest passage had 10 questions with it too! I ended up bubbling about 5 in on that passage in the last minute. Maybe that was the experimental section...

Blah, in any case, don't drive yourself nuts worrying about it!