Hired sight unseen

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rawlithium

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I got an offer letter from CVS in a small town outside a major city. I didn't get an interview, they just sent me an offer letter. Is this unused or a red flag?

Also, for the full time staff pharmacists, what is your opinion on the schedule ? Are they flexible? Is working 9-8 doable? How is it like?

Any help would be appreciated!

Cross posted to reddit for exposure

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
yea that def is a red flag, probably a **** show store.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's CVS. If you have no other offer then take it and move on when you do get a new offer.

Call the store around noon or 5pm and ask how the employees enjoy working there. You can usually tell by the tone in their voice when they answer the phone.

Reactions: 4 users
Could a CVS offer be ANYTHING but a red flag?

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
That would be a red flag in any situation. That's scam telemarketing behavior. Oh well, do you have any other options?

That would be a red flag in any situation. That's scam telemarketing behavior. Oh well, do you have any other options?
Well I already have a job so I'm not worried if this one passes me by and I'm not on a deadline to leave

Did you even apply for it or did you get an unsolicited offer letter? lol

Wow, not even a phone interview?

Massive re-shuffling going on right now...the thing is that people talk/will find out what he/she is getting him/herself into.
The level of desperation is strong right now; best take advantage of financial means of offer

Wow, not even a phone interview?

Massive re-shuffling going on right now...the thing is that people talk/will find out what he/she is getting him/herself into.
The level of desperation is strong right now; best take advantage of financial means of offer
Nope, no phone interview.
How much do you think is fair to ask for pay then?

Nope, no phone interview.
How much do you think is fair to ask for pay then?

99 dollars an hour. Do not cross the psychological threshold to 100 bucks an hour.

Come to think of it - ask for 99.99 per hour and tell them that you thought about 100/hour but you thought you would be more reasonable and ask for 99.99

Then just bust out the poker face and see what happens.

99 dollars an hour. Do not cross the psychological threshold to 100 bucks an hour.

Come to think of it - ask for 99.99 per hour and tell them that you thought about 100/hour but you thought you would be more reasonable and ask for 99.99

Then just bust out the poker face and see what happens.
WAGs is starting at $45 / hour and won't budge. Doubt you would get even close to $99 / hour

Members don't see this ad :)
45$/hour...that's just insulting given the cost of education

Cost of education has nothing to do with anything. You can pay 253k for a music degree at Bard College, should they get paid more than pharmacists who paid 150k?

Cost of education has nothing to do with anything. You can pay 253k for a music degree at Bard College, should they get paid more than pharmacists who paid 150k?

“Bard college” - Mentos, do you play D&D?

• Haha
  • Dislike
Reactions: 3 users
Oh, sorry, it's insulting given the standard pay, working conditions, stress, accountability, management responsibility, etc. etc.

Huge mismatch in value

Ok, now let's not go off on tangents on practically useless degrees (little to zero real world value or practicality) that are a product of the US's increasingly broken education system

Reactions: 3 users
I'm going to ask for $70/hr and a sign on bonus plus relocation bonus and see what happens.

Go get em’ tiger!

You can be anything you want as long as you put your heart to it!

Are we still supposed to say this to the young generation?

Years ago I had a similar situation - I applied online- I got a call from the DM less than 48 hours later who asked when I could start - rate is $50 an hour (which was a raise from what I was making). No interview, nothing, well, it should have been a red flag bc the place was an absolute **** show - but I made some serious bank on OT for the 1 I was there (I think I pulled in 175k in 12 months back in 2006.) So - especially in today's world, it is even a bigger red flag - so if you don't need a job, just ask crazy money and let us know if they will budge

Reactions: 2 users
Years ago I had a similar situation - I applied online- I got a call from the DM less than 48 hours later who asked when I could start - rate is $50 an hour (which was a raise from what I was making). No interview, nothing, well, it should have been a red flag bc the place was an absolute **** show - but I made some serious bank on OT for the 1 I was there (I think I pulled in 175k in 12 months back in 2006.) So - especially in today's world, it is even a bigger red flag - so if you don't need a job, just ask crazy money and let us know if they will budge
Yeah for sure. I'll keep you all updated.

Yeah for sure. I'll keep you all updated.
I also got the same offer on Monday Midnight lol I already declined the offer back in November but somehow they sent me an offer again?! I just ignored the boarding process. They offer me 60/hr with 5K sign-on bonus but 32hr/wk only. Currently, I have an FT LTC job and Walmart PT with lower hourly pay but better quality of life for sure. (noted, I'm a new grad 2021)

So the offer I got was $62/hr no bonus. The DM said that although the location of the store is out in a rural area, it's so close to a major city that it's considered part of the area.

So the offer I got was $62/hr no bonus. The DM said that although the location of the store is out in a rural area, it's so close to a major city that it's considered part of the area.

How close is it? If it's within an hour of a major city, that seems decent if you have no other offer.

I'm going to ask for $70/hr and a sign on bonus plus relocation bonus and see what happens.
Should also add tech hours for 100 hours/week and whatever the hours of the pharmacy store is, hours for a pharmacy cashier!

Last edited:
Similar to my past experience. I had like a five minute phone interview, they raved about how I was the best interviewee they’d ever had, and promptly offered me a job at one of the busiest, most understaffed locations with hugely demanding patients. It was a learning experience…but I would never do that again. A definite “thank you, next” job.

Um yeah, red flag. Even with past jobs where I knew I was getting the job just by applying, all of them still did a meet and greet interview. And not even a phone or zoom interview? Huge red flag....just expect the worse when you take the job, and then you won't be disappointed.

Reactions: 2 users