HMS Status Page Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dreamer101 said:
just got my rejection...was incomplete on the website...got myself to excited to be let down so bad...well good luck everyone else

hey dreamer, sorry to hear. interesting data point...

are you in the boston area?

Members don't see this ad.

CarleneM said:
I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am shaking so much i can barely type. This is where I will be, my absolute first choice. :horns:

I hope good news reaches those waiting today or tomorrow. :luck:

Yea!!! Congrats carlene!! :D

CarleneM said:
I got in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am shaking so much i can barely type. This is where I will be, my absolute first choice. :horns:

congratulations Carlene! that's really cool!!! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
sven said:
Sorry to hear that! Well there goes that theory...

I think the theory about the Fin Aid site still holds.

CarleneM said:

Yay, Carlene! You're a superstar! CONGRATS!

CarleneM said:

Go girl! Congrats! Go enjoy the rest of your day! :)

fyli260 said:
I think the theory about the Fin Aid site still holds.

Pretty sure that you're right...those of us who couldn't log in are probably sol.

But hey, if you're already expecting the worst the likely outcome won't hurt so bad and the unlikely will seem like nothing short of divine intervention...

sven said:
Pretty sure that you're right...those of us who couldn't log in are probably sol. But hey, if you're already expecting the worst the likely outcome won't hurt so bad and the unlikely will seem like nothing short of divine intervention...

yeah, sven, i'm feelin' that.
i'm expecting nothing. but once in a while even a blind dog finds a bone....

dreamer101 said:
just got my rejection...was incomplete on the website...got myself to excited to be let down so bad...well good luck everyone else

Sorry to hear that, but I know that you will probably have some other cool schools to choose from!

I am sorry to ask this--and by no means do you have to answer--but can you log in to the fin aid site?

Are there any accepted SDNers who cannot log in? Sorry to be so intrusive, but searching for hope where there is probably none to be found.

Sparky Man said:
yeah, sven, i'm feelin' that.
i'm expecting nothing. but once in a while even a blind dog finds a bone....

No matter what the outcome, this blind dog's gonna find a beer or two!

CarleneM said:

RIGHT ON!!!

Big congrats! :horns: :thumbup: :D

Members don't see this ad :)
sven said:
No matter what the outcome, this blind dog's gonna find a beer or two!

...or get run over by a car. :laugh:

Tra La La said:
...or get run over by a car. :laugh:

hey, that's a little morbid

though I grant you that there is a modest correlation between the two... :laugh:

Wow, I never thought in a million years this would happen, just a simple kid from a small fishing villiage in Florida. I got in too. Congrats, Carlene and those who have heard. For the rest of you other crazy SDNers still waiting, I hope good news is on its way to you out there as well.

the usual questions! incomplete/complete? fin aid log in??? NP/HST??? CONGRATS carlene and twiceten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bunnyhop said:
the usual questions! incomplete/complete? fin aid log in??? NP/HST??? CONGRATS carlene and twiceten!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, forgot the dishy details. Only NP, incomplete, don't know about log in, site is down... but y'all knew that. I am still shaking. but I don't know if it is out of excitement or the fact that it is REALLY cold outside. :D

twicetenturns said:
Sorry, forgot the dishy details. Only NP, incomplete, don't know about log in, site is down... but y'all knew that. I am still shaking. but I don't know if it is out of excitement or the fact that it is REALLY cold outside. :D

it's probably the letter :D

Congrats again!!!!

Congrats twiceten!!!!! I think we may have had an extension school class or two together (did you take biochem last semester?).

Anyway, thanks for all the congratulations everyone. I just went to the harvard med coop and bought myself a sweatshirt.

twicetenturns said:
Wow, I never thought in a million years this would happen, just a simple kid from a small fishing villiage in Florida. I got in too. Congrats, Carlene and those who have heard. For the rest of you other crazy SDNers still waiting, I hope good news is on its way to you out there as well.

Small fishing village in Florida? Is that where you are now? Gives me hope for at least a shorter wait if that's the case...

Hi everyone--
I remember being on SDN this time last year and wanted to offer up advice-giving for people who are considering coming to HMS this fall. I'm currently a first year in the new pathway program, and I give tours, so I am pretty good about answering questions. Feel free to PM me with any you have.
~Debbie

CarleneM said:
well, they have taken down the direct link to that site so I actually wouldn't check it since technically it is now hidden. of course, many of us bookmarked it when we first found out about it on sunday night but I still think you should just wait until it officially goes back up on friday.

This is true...

CarleneM said:
Congrats twiceten!!!!! I think we may have had an extension school class or two together (did you take biochem last semester?).

Anyway, thanks for all the congratulations everyone. I just went to the harvard med coop and bought myself a sweatshirt.

I did take biochem there last semester as a matter of fact. I was the tall guy slightly out of place owing to my hawaiian shirt collection. We should get all the Boston area peops together for some celebration. Think I might get myself a sweatshirt as well.

brothersboff said:
Small fishing village in Florida? Is that where you are now? Gives me hope for at least a shorter wait if that's the case...

Though I started out there, I live a 10 minute walk from the med school now, so alas, I can't promise you any earlier notification.

twicetenturns said:
I did take biochem there last semester as a matter of fact. I was the tall guy slightly out of place owing to my hawaiian shirt collection. We should get all the Boston area peops together for some celebration. Think I might get myself a sweatshirt as well.

that's a great idea! I'm going out with my parents and boyfriend tonight and will be away this weekend but perhaps later in the month.

CarleneM said:
that's a great idea! I'm going out with my parents and boyfriend tonight and will be away this weekend but perhaps later in the month.

"As CarleneM reveals that she has a boyfriend, dozens of single SDN men take a deep breath and sigh. No HMS, no CarleneM."

I'm not one of those guys, but hey, I picked up the vibes sent out over the message boards.

Congratuations to carlene and the others.

---
"Don't cry for me, Argentina"

CarleneM said:

Sounds good, it'll be good to wait until everyone's heard anyway. Have fun tonight.

I'm in as well! And thankful for having roommates who are at home during the workday to get my mail.

In case you're wondering...NP only, incomplete, was able to log on.

Good luck to all!

Man, I'd feel a lot more hopeful if there was at least one accepted person who wasn't able to log on...

EpointH said:
I'm in as well! And thankful for having roommates who are at home during the workday to get my mail.

Good luck to all!

Congrats EpointH!!

EpointH said:

Good luck to all!

Congratulations! That's really cool. :thumbup: Are you from the Boston area? I'm wondering if anyone in NY has gotten word. Thanks!

brothersboff said:
Man, I'd feel a lot more hopeful if there was at least one accepted person who wasn't able to log on...

yeah me too. oh man......

Congrats Carlene, twiceten, EpointH!!

Sparky Man said:
Congratulations! That's really cool. :thumbup: Are you from the Boston area? I'm wondering if anyone in NY has gotten word. Thanks!
Yep, I live in Boston.

Congrats epoint H!
For those accepted- I just started an "official" harvard class of '09 thread and encourage you to post there, perhaps about a boston peeps get together, second look weekend, etc. we need to move beyond worrying about complete/incomplete and financial aid logins and and start celebrating!

for added SDN reading and neuroticism, here's the thread from last year's class: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=103271&page=8&pp=20&highlight=harvard

letters were mailed on the 5th of March (a Friday) last year. The first anyone heard was on the 6th (people living in boston), and most of the rest heard by the 8th (the following Monday)... so, if everything works, most of us should get letters by tomorrow!

Reject. Cambridge. NP. Complete. No logon.

Congrats to acceptees, GL to everyone else.

Bud said:
Reject. Cambridge. NP. Complete. No logon.

Congrats to acceptees, GL to everyone else.

Ditto here! Reject, Boston, NP, Complete, no logon on sunday. But CONGRATS to others!

Yo-

Any good bostonians/cambridge people who got nothing in the mail today? As all the rejections/acceptances are sent out @ the same time, I'm a little confused at having a mailbox in cambridge and getting nil today.

dwheeler said:
Yo-

Any good bostonians/cambridge people who got nothing in the mail today? As all the rejections/acceptances are sent out @ the same time, I'm a little confused at having a mailbox in cambridge and getting nil today.

Perhaps waitlist?

dwheeler said:
Yo-

also in cambridge, and nothing in the mail today--however, I am expecting a thin envelope soon.

Carlene, CONGRATS on the acceptance!!! :thumbup: :D

As a harvard grad myself, I can say confidently that sometimes the undergrads in charge of sorting the mail for their house, don't do it in a timely manner. It may be there, but just not put in your mailbox yet. So don't attribute any meaning to it if you live on campus.

Good luck to all and congrats to those accepted! :)

wow this thread died. hopefully tomorrow will bring it back to life...

Sparky Man said:
wow this thread died. hopefully tomorrow will bring it back to life...

It died b/c we realized our log-in speculation turned out to be true. =(

Congrats Carlene! You definitely deserve it. =)

davidus said:
It died b/c we realized our log-in speculation turned out to be true. =(

Sigh.

Realty sucks. Sucks to be rejected.

But when I get that thin envelope come tomorrow or Friday, I think I'll be okay.

Congrats to all those who got in!

Tra La La said:
Sigh.

Realty sucks. Sucks to be rejected.

But when I get that thin envelope come tomorrow or Friday, I think I'll be okay.

Congrats to all those who got in!

yeah, it'll be cool if at least some people who expect rejection get in! i think i'll survive if i see the small envelope, too. but no matter what, i'm going to be nervous when i check the mailbox!!