Program-Specific Info / Q's Hofstra MSOT Program Thoughts

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futureot525

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I've been accepted into Hofstra's MSOT program and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they've heard about it (pros, cons, etc.). Of course, if there's anyone who's currently attending or has already graduated I would love to hear how your experience has been too. Thank you!
 
Congrats on your acceptance!

I have also been accepted into the program after being waitlisted since September. It was my initial first pick due to a couple of reasons such as being affiliated with Northwell health (one of New York’s largest health care providers, which potentially means numerous opportunities for fieldwork in a variety of settings) and having a 100% passing rate for the board exam.

Though I would have loved to attend, the biggest con of this program, in my opinion, is the tuition price. It is roughly 100K just in tuition and I cannot justify paying such a hefty price for a MS degree, especially when I have been accepted into another program that is ~45k cheaper. Another con (or pro!) is that the classes are offered in the evenings; I function better in the morning so it is just my own personal preference lol.

Hope this helps!
 
Congrats on your acceptance!

I have also been accepted into the program after being waitlisted since September. It was my initial first pick due to a couple of reasons such as being affiliated with Northwell health (one of New York’s largest health care providers, which potentially means numerous opportunities for fieldwork in a variety of settings) and having a 100% passing rate for the board exam.

Though I would have loved to attend, the biggest con of this program, in my opinion, is the tuition price. It is roughly 100K just in tuition and I cannot justify paying such a hefty price for a MS degree, especially when I have been accepted into another program that is ~45k cheaper. Another con (or pro!) is that the classes are offered in the evenings; I function better in the morning so it is just my own personal preference lol.

Hope this helps!
Thank you!! That was definitely really helpful. Unfortunately I only got into expensive programs (cons of wanting to stay in NY..) so the price isn't a huge factor to me when I compare it to the other schools.

I'm curious if you know anything about how reputable their program is. I know that prestige and big names don't matter too much in the OT field but I did get into other more well-known and respected programs, so I'm nervous to pass them up if Hofstra has a shaky rep. I tried to do research online but found virtually nothing; probably because it's on the newer side. If you know anything about that and could let me know I'd really appreciate it, thanks!!