Hogwarts School of Medicine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It depends on your proficiency in the mischevious magics.

Also, your avatar is :laugh:

Thanks. I thought it may have been too mainSTREAM, but whatever. (I'm killing it now, am I not?)

Members don't see this ad.

Just out of curiosity -- will my Marauder's Map still be able to detect the HSofM campus or is it only limited to the undergraduate Hogwart's campus? I've been hearing different things.

I pray it works because I solemnly swear I will be up to no good. Promise.
All magical medicine classes are at the St. Mungo's Campus, so the map should help you just fine. I highly suggest you stay away from the janitor there - Moody is, well, moody, at best. And he'll accuse you of upending trash bins, it can ruin your clinical grades. Professionalism, you know.

Members don't see this ad :)
All magical medicine classes are at the St. Mungo's Campus, so the map should help you just fine. I highly suggest you stay away from the janitor there - Moody is, well, moody, at best. And he'll accuse you of upending trash bins, it can ruin your clinical grades. Professionalism, you know.

Also don't stick a penny in the door. The janitor hates that.

I'd LOVE to apply to this school.. but I have a few questions though:
does it accept international applicants though?? is this near the Hogwarts SWW campus? and is any preference given to in-state applicants?

What are the average grades for this school? I'm afraid I have borderline grades..
are there any prerequisites? I had majored in divinition, and wasn't able to take many premed courses.. Can I still apply?

I don't have many ECs though.. but I did volunteer for an year at the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes... customer service.. would that help my app?

GOT ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST!
Interview was hella' tough though.

I'd also like to hear some input on residency placement. What kind of OWL scores are needed to match into spell damage? I had that you need to be a prefect or else they won't even look at your application.

Pretty much everyone does their rotations at St. Mungo's, and the residency placement there is pretty strong. I don't know about anywhere else.

Also don't stick a penny in the door. The janitor hates that.

Whatever, he's a Squib. He hates everyone anyway.

I'd LOVE to apply to this school.. but I have a few questions though:
does it accept international applicants though?? is this near the Hogwarts SWW campus? and is any preference given to in-state applicants?

What are the average grades for this school? I'm afraid I have borderline grades..
are there any prerequisites? I had majored in divinition, and wasn't able to take many premed courses.. Can I still apply?

I don't have many ECs though.. but I did volunteer for an year at the Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes... customer service.. would that help my app?

I'm afraid the fine folks at Hogwarts have a bit of a nativist streak.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah I spend my mcat breaks reading this thread

*~*~STUPEFY!~*~*

Do you think my 2 semesters of Dark Arts classes at Durmstrang will count toward the Defense Against the Dark Arts prereq here??

Only if you're interested in pursuing the Slytherin track.

Only if you're interested in pursuing the Slytherin track.

Only problem is that you'll work just as hard and will make less than any of the other three houses. There is a shortage of Slytherins, though.

I get off work in 30 minutes. I'm going to change into my HP shirt, grab a bite to eat, and hopefully be at the theater at 6pm. yeah...

I AM SO EXCITED FOR TONIGHT!

I'm going to pull out my robes, find my glasses, draw a scar on my forehead, make a wand out of twigs, and wait in line to watch this thaaang in IMAX! Helll yeah!

[I feel like my childhood is almost over =(]

GOT ACCEPTED OFF WAITLIST!
Interview was hella' tough though.
Did you write any letters of intent?

I got into Durmstrang SOM and am also waitlisted at Beauxbatons SOM but Hogwarts is my first choice. I heard that Durmstrang is having some financial issues and I'm concerned with the safety at that school, when I interviewed there, their headmaster was missing.

Did you write any letters of intent?

I got into Durmstrang SOM and am also waitlisted at Beauxbatons SOM but Hogwarts is my first choice. I heard that Durmstrang is having some financial issues and I'm concerned with the safety at that school, when I interviewed there, their headmaster was missing.

Don't worry, the LCME (Liaison Committee on Magical Education) would give fair warning if DSOM was in danger of losing its accreditation.

I'm going to pull out my robes, find my glasses, draw a scar on my forehead, make a wand out of twigs, and wait in line to watch this thaaang in IMAX! Helll yeah!

Woohooo! Got my midnight tickets too!

I'm slightly bummed though, because the friends I'm going with and I are all racing in an aquathon tonight (1/2 mile swim + 5k run, the event is too cool for biking) so we can't get to the theater very early. Hopefully we'll still get good seats. :xf:

And yeah, ditto on that last comment. :scared:

I can't do that around my neighborhood, I'll get shot :/

I wish I had robes and a wizarding hat.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lWywy1LCnhA[/YOUTUBE]

Zooey Deschanel in wizarding attire.:thumbup:

Hahaha why?

It's crazy man, some kid got shot with a BB gun in the nuts when he was dancing to lady gaga.

Overall the city is nice but some parts you just don't wanna associate with. Mostly addicts and just kids who think they're bad ass :/

After what I saw last night, I'm fairly positive the school is under construction...

After what I saw last night, I'm fairly positive the school is under construction...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true!!!! We will need some multimillion gold funds from the bank of gringotts for the rebuilding and need to find a new Headmaster, Potions Master, and Defense against the dark arts professor. :)

Anyone else disappointed at the inconsistencies at the very end? They should have kept true to the final battle scene from the book, not created their own. I was looking forward to the scene where Neville gets stunned, and Voldy puts the flaming sorting hat on his head right before he kills Nagini. Instead, he was just blown back and Nagini starts on that ridiculous chase after Ron and Hermione. I was also looking forward to an emotional ending that detailed the deaths of Fred, Tonks, and Remus a little more, but instead we got a split second clip of them. The scene with Harry and Voldy flying around was unnecessary. And they didn't even end it with an Expelliarmus spell causing the Avada Kedavra to rebound. Instead, they connected their wands again!! Where was that in the book?? How disappointing?

And before you ask, no I'm not mad. :) It was a great movie, I just wish they would have been more consistent with the book. I couldn't enjoy the end because of all those altered details.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo true!!!! We will need some multimillion gold funds from the bank of gringotts for the rebuilding and need to find a new Headmaster, Potions Master, and Defense against the dark arts professor. :)

This guy should be the next headmaster of the medical school.

drcox.jpg

Last edited: